Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Piquwee

Old October 7th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Hello All,
I can't seem to find the tab or method to create a prestige class option for my character. Where do I go to find out how, or does anyone wish to share?
Thank you
Piquwee is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 7th, 2013, 08:28 PM
You can add new prestige classes from the Editor.

Tools Menu, Launch Editor.

From there, you want the classes tab. Create a new class, set the number of levels and hit die and other things there. New class options are added as Class Abilities. You can then add those abilities to the new class.

There are tutorials in the Editor's help files as well that you can use as a starting point for learning too. In addition there are community created youtube videos as well.

Welcome to Hero Lab.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Piquwee

Old October 7th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Thank you, but are you saying that if I want my sorcerer to have the Prestige Class of Dragon Disciple, I would have to go through all of that? Isn't there a button available to select?
Piquwee is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 7th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piquwee View Post
Thank you, but are you saying that if I want my sorcerer to have the Prestige Class of Dragon Disciple, I would have to go through all of that? Isn't there a button available to select?
No, that's to add a new class to the system.

To just add an existing prestige class like arcane archer or dragon desciple to your character, scroll down past the normal classes on the class tab, you add them like a normal class there. If they're not showing up, use Ctrl + K to bring up the config menu for the character and scroll down the list on the side to the option that enables them.

I've attached a screen shot showing them under Wizard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Prestige Classes.JPG (106.6 KB, 9 views)

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; October 7th, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old October 8th, 2013, 06:28 AM
@Piquwee,

That class is already entered into HeroLab. To add that to your character, you need to go to the Classes tab, and will be listed under the Prestige Class section. You can also type the name into the search box at the top of the class listing to help you find it.

No need to go into the editor at all.
Umarian is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Piquwee

Old October 8th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Thanks, that does sound better.
Piquwee is offline   #6 Reply With Quote