Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 17th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
The FR stuff doesn't seem to include the Psionic stuff...but when I have the .user files from the Psionics unleashed import, I get duplicate record errors.

I can't seem to configure it so they exist in harmony.

any ideas?
Chemosh was supposed to incorporate the Psionics data to work with the FR material. I suspect this has to do with whatever edits he made to the data from DropBox. Duplicate errors may have occurred in the data, particularly if he just merged the data sets together. You'll have to wait until he can discuss this as I'm not familiar with the process he does to merge data, I just do data entry.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #531
ShadowChemosh

Old September 18th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Chemosh was supposed to incorporate the Psionics data to work with the FR material. I suspect this has to do with whatever edits he made to the data from DropBox. Duplicate errors may have occurred in the data, particularly if he just merged the data sets together. You'll have to wait until he can discuss this as I'm not familiar with the process he does to merge data, I just do data entry.
FR does include PU v1.8. I just double checked and it does. Quintain has a beta build of PU though and the beta and PU v1.8 can't live together correctly without a valid installer doing the work of removing old files. I sent him an email about this issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xykal View Post
After the latest update, I can no longer see any user generated content and I get the following errors when I load into Pathfinder:

Syntax error in "eval" script for Thing 'ruBloodsuc' (Eval Script '#3') on line 6
-> Non-existent thing 'raxBlooDra' used by script

This repeats for ruFleaGian, ruGutslug, and ruLandLamp.
I can't currently duplicate this issue but "ruBloodsuc" & "raxBlooDra" are in the Community Bestiary. I see both Things so it makes no sense why it can't use it unless the file "PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user" is somehow missing.

So lets do this. Restart HL and when you see the message "Right Click" on the error message and copy it. Then paste the FULL error message into this thread so I can take a look.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #532
ShadowChemosh

Old September 20th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xykal View Post
After the latest update, I can no longer see any user generated content and I get the following errors when I load into Pathfinder:

Syntax error in "eval" script for Thing 'ruBloodsuc' (Eval Script '#3') on line 6
-> Non-existent thing 'raxBlooDra' used by script

This repeats for ruFleaGian, ruGutslug, and ruLandLamp.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Xykal
I worked with someone else who had the same problem and it was fixed by downloading and installing again. It does appear "one" file is not getting updated/changed. I have no reason why that is happening but running it again allowed the files to get updated correctly.

So to do this. Start HL and click on "Find Updates" and find the "d20pfsrd - Community Bestiary (v2.16)" in the list. Click on download and say "Yes" when it prompts to overwrite the existing file. Let it download and do the install.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #533
RavenX

Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:10 PM
Just letting the community know that as of tonight I will no longer share any data I work on through ShadowChemosh's pfsrd link. I currently have no plans of providing any further updates to the data I have worked on. I will not discuss or disclose the reasoning with anyone, so don't ask me.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #534
Umarian

Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Just letting the community know that as of tonight I will no longer share any data I work on through ShadowChemosh's pfsrd link. I currently have no plans of providing any further updates to the data I have worked on. I will not discuss or disclose the reasoning with anyone, so don't ask me.
Is it because you lied to a new customer in this thread because you did not want to help them, ShadowChemosh corrected you and helped the user, and you got mad about it?

Quote:
I'm not about to put 40 hours of work into someone's house rules, because if you do it for one person, you'll have a queue line forming of people who expect you to do it for them too. As I said, in this case permanent adjustments and DM eyeballing the sheets should be enough to enforce the house rules.
Everyone provides help to people on the boards. They don't tell them that something can't be done, when it actually can, just because they don't want to help someone because "if you do it for one person..."

Is this why you are not helping the community anymore? Because you are not hurting ShadowChemosh by not helping the community, you are hurting the community. Plain and simple.
Umarian is offline   #535
bodrin

Old September 24th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Okay?

Seems a shame though, for all the people that the FR data sets you've done thus far have helped.

Farewell RavenX.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #536
jbearwillis

Old September 24th, 2013, 03:10 PM
What every his reasons, are his reasons. He has the right to do so. There is no reason at all to give him a hard time. He has done plenty for the community and he doesn't want to do it anymore. That should be good enough. Sorry to hear you won't be doing it any more, but peace out my brother.
jbearwillis is offline   #537
morval

Old October 19th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Hey ShadowChemosh, I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I'm using your excellent concentration skill addon, but recently noticed something I hadn't. Its gotta be something to do with me since I can't find anyone else noting a problem.
Concentration seems to be adding two times the spellcasting ability bonus? Am I missing somehting?
I create a 1st level spell caster, add the appropriate concentration skill and then pump up their spellcasting ability. At +1 it adds +2, =2 adds +4, etc.
Thanks
morval is offline   #538
ShadowChemosh

Old October 19th, 2013, 03:08 PM
I put a new version out on Oct 8. Have you downloaded the latest version? Does that fix the issue?

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #539
morval

Old October 19th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I put a new version out on Oct 8. Have you downloaded the latest version? Does that fix the issue?
Dang that doesn't seem to fix it. Still seems to be 2:1 for ability bonus, but I may just be missing something here. I'm sure Concentration check just uses your spell casting ability bonus, not two times?
Thanks!
morval is offline   #540
Closed Thread