Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

talsharien

Old September 7th, 2019, 03:59 PM
I find the lack of communication from lone wolf on Saturdays HLO outage absolutely disgusting. The application went down today before my gaming session started (3:00 pm BST) with no communication from Lone wolf. I eventually messaged LW through face book and received a reply nearly 2 hours later. This is after many other players and myself had posted in the forums.

I appreciate that LW are a small company and I have never expected miracles or indeed demanded them. I accept the current state of the software and for the best part, still really love it. I have even spent time defending LW and Hero Lab on other forums.

This lack of communication however shows not only a lack of respect, but actual disdain for what is a very loyal customer base.

You are trying to sell an online product, and unfortunately such a product requires 24 hour support to succeed. How diificult would it have been to reply to a forum post with a "Sorry, not sure what is going on but we are trying to fix it". Or even after the event "apologies for the unplanned outage today".

Please, please get your act together LW as I love your products and do not wish to experience my games moving forward without them, but you cannot continue to operate in this manner.

Rant over and please ensure that you learn from today and move forward

talsharien is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
blkohn

Old September 7th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Agreed.
blkohn is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old September 7th, 2019, 04:31 PM
Wait! What?! Huh!?! The "down" page says to come here, but if you go to FB then you get an answer? Wow! just..........wow. I'll prolly find some later, but I have no words.
flyteach is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old September 8th, 2019, 01:54 PM
Highlights a heightened need for the offline mode. I appreciated the old iPad app since I usually play in a place where I do not have WiFi. I feel like I'm going to have to go old school and print off character record sheets whenever I play instead of having my portfolio loaded onto my iPad
wynlyndd is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old September 8th, 2019, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
Wait! What?! Huh!?! The "down" page says to come here, but if you go to FB then you get an answer? Wow! just..........wow. I'll prolly find some later, but I have no words.
When I post here about issues, I'm asked by other forum members to email support, because forum posts may not be seen and acted upon by support.

When I email support, I'm told the same thing. Forum posts may not be seen and acted upon by support.

Yet, the "down" page says to come here? To the forum?
EightBitz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old September 8th, 2019, 04:54 PM
This is also the answer to "why would anyone need to print?"

Technology fails.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old September 8th, 2019, 06:48 PM
Yeah but emailing support about bugs is different from reporting real time issues with the system. Besides, their own page says to come to the Forums, but they ignore it (36 hours and still no acknowledgement or explanation).
flyteach is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old September 9th, 2019, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Yeah but emailing support about bugs is different from reporting real time issues with the system. Besides, their own page says to come to the Forums, but they ignore it (36 hours and still no acknowledgement or explanation).
It is a real concern that there has still been no offical response to to this

What really concerns me is that LW staff have responded to other forum posts, so this is clearly not important to them !!

Last edited by talsharien; September 9th, 2019 at 12:09 AM.
talsharien is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old September 9th, 2019, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Yeah but emailing support about bugs is different from reporting real time issues with the system.
When the stated reason for emailing support is not that "these are two different channels to be used for two different types of support," but that, "posts in the forum may not be seen and acted upon," then it doesn't matter that they're two different things. The statement is that the forums are not officially monitored for support issues.

Quote:
Besides, their own page says to come to the Forums, but they ignore it (36 hours and still no acknowledgement or explanation).
Exactly the point I was trying to make.
EightBitz is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
markelphoenix

Old September 9th, 2019, 04:08 AM
Side note: For those saying they'll do print outs instead of using their iPad, can't you print to PDF and still have it on your iPad?
markelphoenix is offline   #10 Reply With Quote