Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

psych777

Old January 10th, 2015, 04:43 PM
so i am trying to make an activated ability max count to equal the character level times Con mod. if i run the script late enough to get the Con mod value, it will populate the actUserMax with the value i'm going for but the actUser value still keeps using the default +9 value.

looking at the tasks it seems that the Con mod value isn't getting set until Attributes 100001 and the user activation value (actUser) is set at Post-levels 900 (which is the phase before Atrributes). (if i'm reading the tasks right!)

is there a way i can get the actUserMax set (using the con mod value in my equation) before the actUser value is set?
psych777 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 10th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych777 View Post
so i am trying to make an activated ability max count to equal the character level times Con mod. if i run the script late enough to get the Con mod value, it will populate the actUserMax with the value i'm going for but the actUser value still keeps using the default +9 value.

looking at the tasks it seems that the Con mod value isn't getting set until Attributes 100001 and the user activation value (actUser) is set at Post-levels 900 (which is the phase before Atrributes). (if i'm reading the tasks right!)

is there a way i can get the actUserMax set (using the con mod value in my equation) before the actUser value is set?
If you need to set something based on Con Mod, you will have to do it in Post Attributes (after the attribute mods are calculated). I don't think you can set something up in Post Levels based on Attribute mods because they will default to 0 since the mods aren't calculated at that time. You need to set it all up in post attributes or later.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old January 11th, 2015, 02:03 AM
so is there anyway to overwrite the derived value of actUser then? it won't let me set a value because it is a derived value (being derived at post-levels 900).
psych777 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 11th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Quote:
so is there anyway to overwrite the derived value of actUser then? it won't let me set a value because it is a derived value (being derived at post-levels 900).
Normally you don't need or want to change derived values. So lets start with what "Thing" this is on? A class ability, racial ability, Ability? And what is your final goal you are trying accomplish? So give us the game rules you are trying to implement and maybe we can help find a good way.

From the first sentence "activated ability max count to equal the character level times Con mod." So you need to have a wide range of values. The "actUser" fields can ONLY hold a value from 0 to 9. That is it. So if this is character level times Con Mod you are going to get some high values quick. Meaning this value won't work.

You are pretty much left with a tracker value then as it can go to like 99,999. Plus you can easily work at Post-Attributes to set the value correctly. So tell the ability to "Show in tracked resources list?" and then find a appropriate Usage Period tag to use or make a new one.

Then use this script at Post-Attributes/1000:
Code:
field[trkMax].value += #totallevelcount[] * #attrmod[aCON]

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old January 11th, 2015, 10:06 AM
oh i didn't realize the max was 9, i thought 9 was just the default max. that definitely wouldn't work with this Trait then (as you have already said).

the trait's ability is useable once a week, so i had the 1 time a week in the 'Show in tracked resources list?'. didn't see a way to have a second tracked list so was trying to use the activated ability for keeping track of the amount of converted hp (see below).

the trait basically lets you once a week convert lethal damage to nonlethal damage (the amount of your char level * con mod). but you don't have to use all the available amount at one time. when you first use the ability, you have the whole week to use the full amount. so i have the tracker showing once per week. and since you don't have to use it all in one go was trying to get another tracker with the value amount that they could slowly 'convert' without having to remember how much they had done already (cuz the tracker was keeping track).

guess i could use the tracker just for the hp amount and let the player remember when the 'week' started. or use the activated ability with just a max of 1 (for one week) instead.... if used the activated ability as the once a week, can i get the tracked resource to be greyed out (unusable) or hidden until the activated ability was actually activated?
psych777 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 11th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Quote:
guess i could use the tracker just for the hp amount and let the player remember when the 'week' started. or use the activated ability with just a max of 1 (for one week) instead.... if used the activated ability as the once a week, can i get the tracked resource to be greyed out (unusable) or hidden until the activated ability was actually activated?
You can make a "Tracker" that is its own Thing in the editor (General->Tracker) and bootstrap it to this ability to give you the ability for a player to track 1/week and HP. Then you could "a" not set the trkmax value on the tracker unless your Ability is activated. You could "b" use a bootstrap condition to not have the Tracker display unless the Ability is activated.

For this one you should be able to use the "abilActive" field to do the bootstrap condition:
Code:
fieldval:abilActive <> 0

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 11th, 2015, 12:44 PM
ShadowChemosh - the default values for minimum and maximum on actUser are -9 and +9, but there's no restriction on what values can be set for those fields.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old January 11th, 2015, 12:56 PM
that worked thanks!
first time i've bootstrapped too...haha
psych777 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 11th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
ShadowChemosh - the default values for minimum and maximum on actUser are -9 and +9, but there's no restriction on what values can be set for those fields.
Well I tried before to change them without any luck. Granted I have not tried in a long time but that is why I "assumed" they where hard-coded to only +-9 as I figured it could only hold a single digit.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 12th, 2015, 07:27 AM
The "Bound actUser" script is at post-levels/900, so there's only a narrow window to change them based on class level, so they're usually only useful for fixed limits.
Mathias is online now   #10 Reply With Quote