Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Tempkain

Old April 28th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Would a army builder app be feasible for the IPad?
Tempkain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM
It's definitely possible, but it would take a lot of work on our part to port it from Windows to the iPad.

An iPad version of Army Builder would be pretty cool, though, so we're definitely looking into it.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Grantyr

Old May 25th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I'll pay $$ for an iPad version of Army Builder!
Grantyr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Coreddrgn

Old June 6th, 2010, 06:10 AM
I'd have to agree. Had my iPad for a week or so now and the gaming possibilities for apps are enormous. Considering the inevitable release of other slate and tablet products to follow (many of which will run on app formats) such things as the iPad could be an enormous platform for Army Builder and other gaming aids...
Coreddrgn is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bard

Old June 21st, 2010, 12:34 PM
I registered just to add my request to those above.

I now carry around my codexes (2 days in front of a flatbed scanner... *headache*) and army lists on the iPad - having army builder on it would complete things.

Right now I am using a remote desktop app then beaming into my home pc with army builder on it, but it's far from convenient

I think the iPad is going to be a hit amongst gamers once they've seen somebody using one for their gaming.
Bard is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Tyrannofex

Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:42 PM
Might it be a better investment to have a cloud-based Army Builder and thereby support any mobile device (iOS or Android)? I know there are operational costs to consider here but it opens up many other interesting opportunities for Lone Wolf in my opinion (new annuities!). I'd definitely pay for a cloud-based offering.
Tyrannofex is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Brother Grimm

Old June 29th, 2010, 04:03 AM
I actually signed up to these forums just to add my voice to the calls for some kind of iPad app for Army Builder. I love your product and use it religiously to produce my lists but in this age of portable technology having access to AB on a platform like my iPad would really be the icing on the cake. I agree with early comments that I'd be more than willing to pay for such an app..
Brother Grimm is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old June 29th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I'd just like to point out that if there is an iPad/iPhone (they are the same platform, after all) app at some point it would also be a good idea to build an android version too, what with it having nearly the same market-share amongst smartphones in use.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:31 AM
We're actively working towards having an iPad version of AB. The first step is a native Mac port, which is currently in development. After that, we can port to the iPad.

We're also exploring an Android version. The gotcha is that the Android requires a completely separate port with completely distinct code, and we're not big enough to pursue all the different avenues in parallel. But something for Android is definitely part of the plan.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old July 5th, 2010, 01:28 AM
OK, first: Fantastic news; this was basically the last thing stopping me from going Mac full-time, now that Steam is out for the Mac too.

Second: The dreaded licensing; how are these things going to be sold? Ideally, from a consumer perspective, I'd like to be able to buy a single license for "army builder" that covers all platforms; Mac, Windows iDevice, droid etc.
But I don't think the iTunes app store is particularly amenable to this, unfortunately.
On that basis, might I suggest that you have a "first platform" price and "additional platform" prices for each other app in the family and that these be one-off purchases?

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #10 Reply With Quote