Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

cyderak

Old September 18th, 2019, 09:19 AM
So why not focus all your attention on one task, get it done, and then move on to the next. And then let your customers know that your doing that. And that when you complete those tasks, you will move on to others.

Give a visual time frame map of what your doing and what your moving to after that.

Pull some overtime (if your not already).

Maybe even spend some money to farm out some of the tasks. Its either that or it'll get so bad that people will just move on to some other character generator software or this is the way other companies are born. And those companies that are born will use your failures as a marketing tool for their "bigger and better" product.

Good.......Bad......I'm the guy with the Gun.
cyderak is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old September 19th, 2019, 05:59 PM
Right now, the best solution others have found is using Excel or Open Office to do a character sheet with. I had hoped that Code Monkey Publishing would have come out with their creation and have some sort way for the user to "forge" his own system, using the universal character generator to create and keep track of characters, much like how HeroLab Classic but with more using input on how to adjust and keep things straight.

This never came to fuiation as Etools was forced to go off market (In favor of the online generator from Wizards) and the money they had coming in dried up.

I hope that some of that philosophy comes into HLO, with offline program use being a feature instead of a failsafe. I look at it as a reader of the work used online, going back online to level up and add features, like new books and such. Right now, it seems the concentration is on getting PF2 and Starfinder right, and with the starship battle being implemented (if they have not given up on it) along with the Society Organized play plug in for boons and chronicles.
thaX is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
Sir.Nel

Old September 19th, 2019, 06:29 PM
Hey guys I invested a lot of time and money into Realm works and hero lab classic I'm alright using hero lab online I also purchased that also that's alright I love the product. The only thing I cannot believe I cannot use Realm works with hero lab online or is there a way you can show me or I have to wait for that feature to come out tell me something because I love second edition I think I have a better grasp pathfinder second edition then the first one because I am such a first addition D in D player and DM
Sir.Nel is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 19th, 2019, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.Nel View Post
The only thing I cannot believe I cannot use Realm works with hero lab online or is there a way you can show me ...
You can store web links in Realm Works, so you can store a link to the relevant page in HLO.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2019, 05:21 AM
Thanks Farling!
Lj Stephens is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
Sir.Nel

Old September 20th, 2019, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.Nel View Post
Hey guys I invested a lot of time and money into Realm works and hero lab classic I'm alright using hero lab online I also purchased that also that's alright I love the product. The only thing I cannot believe I cannot use Realm works with hero lab online or is there a way you can show me or I have to wait for that feature to come out tell me something because I love second edition I think I have a better grasp pathfinder second edition then the first one because I am such a first addition D in D player and DM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
Thanks Farling!
I know those 2 procedures very well, the problem is that I was hoping for some information maybe some hope down the line yeah we can have the same interface that we have with hero lab classic. because I use hyperlinks but it's not the same as pulling up several creatures on "tactical console". If hero lab online has a tactical console oh wait. Characters and monsters for me to use in combat not just one character at a time I will be very appreciated if you can show me. And a second question I have will realm works will have a Realm template for Pathfinder second edition

Last edited by Sir.Nel; September 20th, 2019 at 10:59 AM.
Sir.Nel is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 20th, 2019, 05:08 PM
@Sir.Nel: There is no tactical console for HLO yet - it is still in development.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 2nd, 2019, 09:30 AM
PF1 launching in HLO won’t be occurring in 2019 due to our recent downsizing. Our immediate focus is on everything for Pathfinder 2nd Edition, new books for Starfinder, and the launch of Shadowrun 6th Edition. We're also getting everything into place for the much anticipated Campaign Theater. Once those are solidly established, we'll be able to shift our attention to further evolving and expanding our Hero Lab Online offerings.
BJ is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old October 2nd, 2019, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
PF1 launching in HLO won’t be occurring in 2019 due to our recent downsizing. Our immediate focus is on everything for Pathfinder 2nd Edition, new books for Starfinder, and the launch of Shadowrun 6th Edition. We're also getting everything into place for the much anticipated Campaign Theater. Once those are solidly established, we'll be able to shift our attention to further evolving and expanding our Hero Lab Online offerings.
Sorry, but even though I'm an LWD fan my experience with y'all leads me to believe that this will be a 'never gonna happen' deal. Judging by their PF1 schedule, Paizo will be releasing a book a month and it will be all (the recently downsized) LWD can do to keep HLO current for that system. Much less setting up a PF1 system as well...
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 2nd, 2019, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
Sorry, but even though I'm an LWD fan my experience with y'all leads me to believe that this will be a 'never gonna happen' deal. Judging by their PF1 schedule, Paizo will be releasing a book a month and it will be all (the recently downsized) LWD can do to keep HLO current for that system. Much less setting up a PF1 system as well...
You forget the monthly release for Starfinder along side PF2, and also any additional releases for SR6 if that becomes a long-term support game system.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #80 Reply With Quote