Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

EightBitz

Old September 15th, 2019, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philderbeast View Post
To be fair, its hard to call even that scope fulfilled, since we didnt even get regular weekly updates during that period.
With Rob and BJ both having some serious personal issues during that period, I'll give them a pass on that. My grouse is that things haven't really improved.
EightBitz is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old September 16th, 2019, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
With Rob and BJ both having some serious personal issues during that period, I'll give them a pass on that. My grouse is that things haven't really improved.
Absolutely. It took BJ almost a week and two reminders to get back to my question on FB and provide an answer that she could have posted immedeatly. And this posting wasn't even copied over to the forums.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn

Last edited by Greebo; September 16th, 2019 at 02:43 AM. Reason: clarification
Greebo is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old September 16th, 2019, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Bottom line is that they don't think it is important and keep pushing it off to focus on things they think are more valuable. I believe they are vastly undervaluing the importance of customer communication and community enthusiasm.
meek75 is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2019, 07:18 AM
Greebo, you repeatedly tagged my personal Facebook in a group not run by LWD while I was on vacation with my family and extended family for the first time in years. Other people came in and indicated I was away. So I didn't answer you straight away. I did, however, ask Rob if he had any details I could give despite being on vacation. I received none and after I was home and still had no information I told you that I had no news.

Please be respectful of my personal spaces and personal time.

That news still hasn't changed. We are not actively working on anything new for Realm Works at this time. We hope to be spinning back around to it in the near future but currently have nothing to share with the public. If I'm given more information in the future I will happily share it with everyone.

Last edited by BJ; September 16th, 2019 at 07:53 AM.
BJ is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old September 16th, 2019, 09:27 AM
I also don't know why ppl are keeping on (forgive me the term) "beating a dead horse" and I don't mean the product to be clear, I mean the topic. Surely there companies who are better at communicating news but there are also worse companies.

LWD has been on numerous occassions very open during the process - which of course opens up some vulnerabilities - if certain promises are not held in the end.

I think it fair to complain about it, but afterwards move on. I for one hope they will continue to support the product and get their stuff in order.

Regarding HLC/HLO - I own neither - but I would have very much preferred the classic version, hearing now that basically support runs out, well I would be a bit annoyed if I would buy that product now for a full price ^^. Probably I dislike subscription models because I would be too lazy to cancel them in time, paying each month for stuff I never need .... (or very rarely)...

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old September 16th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Greebo, you repeatedly tagged my personal Facebook in a group not run by LWD while I was on vacation with my family and extended family for the first time in years. Other people came in and indicated I was away. So I didn't answer you straight away. I did, however, ask Rob if he had any details I could give despite being on vacation. I received none and after I was home and still had no information I told you that I had no news.

Please be respectful of my personal spaces and personal time.
I am sincerely sorry to have invaded into your personal space and time. I know how valuabe and scarce that can be.

But I neither knew nor expected you to use your private account for a PR and work related function. And, beyond my my initial question I only tagged you several days after you said that you are going to be back in the office.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #56 Reply With Quote