Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 28th, 2006, 02:14 PM
This one is important, since it affects all purchases, all licensing matters, AND all access to the Updates mechanism within AB.....

Due to the record heat wave here in California and the regular power outages we've been experiencing (i.e. no air conditioning), our in-house server died last night. This is the server that handles everything regarding secure orders, license administration, and data file updates information. Needless to say, all those services are currently DOWN. :-(

We're in the process of recovering everything and getting a new server operational. We hope to have the new server running sometime this weekend. In the meantime, please be patient with us and don't flood the support queue with requests about this issue. We'll let everyone know as soon as we've got the replacement server configured and running securely.

Thanks, Rob
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Bluefool

Old July 29th, 2006, 11:15 AM
You mean.....

I have a *reason* I can go paint models instead of doing this weeks update??

Take your time. Have a cool adult beverage. Have several. Maybe go for a swim.

Paint and glue, here I come!
Bluefool is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old July 31st, 2006, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
This one is important, since it affects all purchases, all licensing matters, AND all access to the Updates mechanism within AB.....

Due to the record heat wave here in California and the regular power outages we've been experiencing (i.e. no air conditioning), our in-house server died last night. This is the server that handles everything regarding secure orders, license administration, and data file updates information. Needless to say, all those services are currently DOWN. :-(

We're in the process of recovering everything and getting a new server operational. We hope to have the new server running sometime this weekend. In the meantime, please be patient with us and don't flood the support queue with requests about this issue. We'll let everyone know as soon as we've got the replacement server configured and running securely.

Thanks, Rob
Dude that sucks, Sorry to hear that the server went down. Hope you guys don't get too flooded with support requests. Good luck!

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
theshadowduke

Old August 1st, 2006, 11:20 PM
so is there a way i can get ahold of my second licence without the licencing server? If not thats ok, but it would sure be nice to get AB on my new laptop.
theshadowduke is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:28 PM
The new server is finally up and operational. It took us six solid days to get it fully configured, properly secured, and running all of our custom mechanisms - only about double what I had originally expected. :-(

Thank you for your patience while we got through this painful process.

-Rob

At 03:15 PM 7/28/2006, you wrote:

Quote:

Due to the record heat wave here in California and the regular power outages we've been experiencing (i.e. no air conditioning), our in-house server died last night. This is the server that handles everything regarding secure orders, license administration, and data file updates information. Needless to say, all those services are currently DOWN. [img]../images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Thanks, Rob
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:30 PM
If it has to do with licensing, it requires the licensing server. Fortunately, the new server is now up and running.

-Rob

At 12:20 AM 8/2/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
so is there a way i can get ahold of my second licence without the licencing server? If not thats ok, but it would sure be nice to get AB on my new laptop.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:33 AM
I bet there weren't many swear words being uttered during those days!!! Thanks for all the works guys
harkan is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:09 AM
Just a few.....

....every 10 minutes. :-(

-Rob

At 02:33 AM 8/3/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
I bet there weren't many swear words being uttered during those days!!! Thanks for all the works guys
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote