Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 13th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Please remember that the purpose of this forum is to discuss Hero Lab's implementation of the Shadowrun game. I'd appreciate it if you could discuss your opinions of the rules, and your opinion of one edition as opposed to another in a forum like Catalyst's, which is more appropriate for this sort of discussion.
Mathias is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Thorneldrich

Old July 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Please remember that the purpose of this forum is to discuss Hero Lab's implementation of the Shadowrun game. I'd appreciate it if you could discuss your opinions of the rules, and your opinion of one edition as opposed to another in a forum like Catalyst's, which is more appropriate for this sort of discussion.
Sorry Mathias, I allowed myself to be pulled into a rant & I had only meant to post an opinion (my opinion, others will vary based on individual outlook) on the new version. I had originally meant the post simply as a heads-up to others about the PDF release. I am removing my comments so there won't be anymore responses to my side of the posts.
-------------------------------------
All my statements beyond the fact of release of the PDF format of 5th Ed. Shadowrun have now been redacted. To prevent further deviation from the forum stated purpose, I request those who replied to my now redacted statements to please remove the "Quote" section of their posts that referred to the redacted posts. I obviously can not force others to act on my request but I hope they will to help preserve the status quo. Again my deepest apologies for starting this purpose-deviant line of postings.

Last edited by Thorneldrich; July 13th, 2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: To update status of personal redaction
Thorneldrich is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Mad Hamish

Old July 14th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Sorry Mathias, I've removed my contribution to the off-topic discussion
Mad Hamish is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
crowofpyke

Old July 16th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Really? In a thread about LWD supporting 5e SR with a HL module, its hijacked to complain about 5e SR?

I have played this game all the way since 1st Edition way back in college. It has gone through many iterations and it is essentially the same game it ever was, before or since. Quibble over this rule and that rule, fine, but it's still SR and still kicks ass. Am I happy that the *bookkeeping nightmare* known as Cyberdecks are back? NOPE! But its still SR and still kicks ass.

Sigh.... I am HAPPY that LWD and Catalyst will support 5e SR with a HL module. I use the 4e SR HL module constantly, can't imagine NOT having it. Thank you to Catalyst for continuing to publish SR, and thank you to LWD for supporting it with a HL module.

Last edited by crowofpyke; July 22nd, 2013 at 01:45 PM.
crowofpyke is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Mara

Old July 20th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Yeah...my big questions are going to be:
When and how much?

Shut up and take my money!

(Not that I really need it...I have a form-fillable character sheet someone made. It is just that it makes keeping track of the money portion easier. I expect, though, as more books come out, HL will be very much a welcome convenience.)
Mara is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 8th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Ya, I am looking forward to version 5 as well. Just about to start a new campaign and would love to use HL for it. Once RW is out I will try to input our data into it as well.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 8th, 2013, 12:33 PM
As a missions player and especially GM, I do hope that the 5e rules set gets out before I start running SRM Y5. For now I'm still running Y4 missions, because the local convention scene is expecting me to finish the story line.

Working on Twilight 2000 4e HL System
cryptoknight is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
andrewm9

Old August 20th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Will Lone Wolf be completely ditching the SR 4th edition stuff from their website/software when they produce a new 5th edition one? Personally, I'd rather not make the switch myself. At least not yet.
andrewm9 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old August 20th, 2013, 06:42 PM
I'm sure they will keep it, the same way the kept Mutants & Masterminds 2nd.
jbearwillis is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Aardvark892

Old August 27th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Deleted post: I posted my opinion in a thread that has nothing to do with opinion. Sorry!

Last edited by Aardvark892; August 28th, 2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Opinion posted where opinion isn't topic.
Aardvark892 is offline   #30 Reply With Quote