Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 2nd, 2007, 12:53 PM
I think this has been bought up before but would it be poss to have a facility to lace a live tag on a linkset. If I remember right the linksets are a shortcut for authors and at compile time arent referenced, i.e. the individual items in the linkset are.

If it is not poss to place a live tag on a linkset, would it be poss to have a mechanism where placing a live tag onto the linkset could then rollout to the items in the list, but working from the units tab not the linkset tab?

cheers
harkan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2007, 02:58 PM
You are correct about linksets being a shortcut for authors - basically, a group assignment. So putting a live tagexpr on a linkset would basically entail adding that tagexpr to every link within the linkset. This is theoretically possible, but it would require a fair amount of work in the engine.

I don't understand your second suggestion. Maybe I'm being thick, but it's just not making sense to me. Can you give me a concrete example of how this would work?

-Rob

At 01:53 PM 1/2/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
I think this has been bought up before but would it be poss to have a facility to lace a live tag on a linkset. If I remember right the linksets are a shortcut for authors and at compile time arent referenced, i.e. the individual items in the linkset are.

If it is not poss to place a live tag on a linkset, would it be poss to have a mechanism where placing a live tag onto the linkset could then rollout to the items in the list, but working from the units tab not the linkset tab?

cheers
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 16th, 2007, 01:47 PM
sorry for the slow reply, I'll try to explain it a bit clearer as my explanations aren't always the most helpful!!

Currently to assign a live tag to all the options in a linkset means opening each option, going into the live section, adding a tag and then clicking your way out of it via the OK buttons. For small linksets this is not a massive problem however for large linksets when they all share the same live tag this can be a long and lengthy process.

Would it be possible to have a 'centralised' live expression box for the linkset where a live statement can be entered and this is then applied to all the options by ABC. To try and make it a bit clearer, on the linkset page, next to the unique id box, another box may be added where a live expression can be added, then on compilation this is added to the live expressions of all the options within the linkset (not a suggestion for the implementation, just trying to make it a bit clearer what I'm on about)

is that any better?
harkan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 18th, 2007, 12:57 PM
This makes a LOT more sense now. If we can do it at the compiler level, it would be much easier than if the engine itself has to deal with this. I'll put this on the list of things to try and figure out for V3.2.

Thanks, Rob

At 02:47 PM 1/16/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
sorry for the slow reply, I'll try to explain it a bit clearer as my explanations aren't always the most helpful!!

Currently to assign a live tag to all the options in a linkset means opening each option, going into the live section, adding a tag and then clicking your way out of it via the OK buttons. For small linksets this is not a massive problem however for large linksets when they all share the same live tag this can be a long and lengthy process.

Would it be possible to have a 'centralised' live expression box for the linkset where a live statement can be entered and this is then applied to all the options by ABC. To try and make it a bit clearer, on the linkset page, next to the unique id box, another box may be added where a live expression can be added, then on compilation this is added to the live expressions of all the options within the linkset (not a suggestion for the implementation, just trying to make it a bit clearer what I'm on about)

is that any better?
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote