Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old October 26th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
As for the adjustment from the community it maybe time to deprecate it now that an official version is out.
Oh, yea I guess I should probably do that.
Sendric is offline   #391 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old October 26th, 2015, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure if this should be mentioned here, or if it would be a bug at all, but I've been noticing a lot of problems with my NPC's qualifying for prestige classes because of pick requirements and the lack of HasFeat tags.

For example the Favored Soul gets proficiency with a weapon at first level and weapon focus with that weapon at third. However, even though the weapon focus tag is being broadcast to the weapons, the HasFeat tag is not being generated so the Favored Soul doesn't qualify for prestige classes that require weapon focus, such as Pious Templar.

The other side of this is that several prestige classes have pick requirements either using the Pick-req to specify a specific feat (for example: Occult Slayer, Dread Pirate or Frenzied Berzerker), or the Pre-req with specifications like:
Code:
@valid = pickexists[fQuickDraw]
In these cases, even if the character has the appropriate HasFeat tag, they still do not qualify unless they have the specific pick.

My latest is a grizzled crusader turned hellreaver who is hunting after the party. The intention was to use Stone Power to gain temporary HP every round so he could last longer against the over powered PC's. Stone power states, "can be used in place of Power Attack to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or other special ability" and even though the HasFeat tag is present, the "Power Attack required" still shows up under the validation.
Nightfox is offline   #392 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 27th, 2015, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfox View Post
For example the Favored Soul gets proficiency with a weapon at first level and weapon focus with that weapon at third. However, even though the weapon focus tag is being broadcast to the weapons, the HasFeat tag is not being generated so the Favored Soul doesn't qualify for prestige classes that require weapon focus, such as Pious Templar.
This issue is caused by the Favored Soul ability. In this case, the ability is acting like Weapon Focus, but is not informing HL that the character has the Weapon Focus feat. I'll take a look at how to improve this.

Update: Resolved this issue. Also updated the Weapon Specialization ability to match.

Quote:
The other side of this is that several prestige classes have pick requirements either using the Pick-req to specify a specific feat (for example: Occult Slayer, Dread Pirate or Frenzied Berzerker), or the Pre-req with specifications like:
Code:
@valid = pickexists[fQuickDraw]
In these cases, even if the character has the appropriate HasFeat tag, they still do not qualify unless they have the specific pick.
I'll take a look at these three classes. In general, the process works, but there may be certain issues. If you have specific issues, feel free to list them out if that's not unreasonable.

Quote:
My latest is a grizzled crusader turned hellreaver who is hunting after the party. The intention was to use Stone Power to gain temporary HP every round so he could last longer against the over powered PC's. Stone power states, "can be used in place of Power Attack to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or other special ability" and even though the HasFeat tag is present, the "Power Attack required" still shows up under the validation.
Looking for the pick and looking for the HasFeat tag are two different things. I'll take a look a the Stone Power feat. I can probably bootstrap Power Attack, then silence it so that the pick exists but isn't shown on the character. This would likely be easier than changing all the pick-req's that are looking for Power Attack.

Update: OK, I lied. Apparently there is a downside to switching from the #hasfeat look-up to the pick-req. Feats that count as another feat (such as Stone Power for Power Attack) won't qualify with the pick-req method. Lesson learned. This issue is fixed for Power Attack.

Thanks for the reports.

Last edited by Sendric; October 28th, 2015 at 09:16 AM.
Sendric is offline   #393 Reply With Quote
saturn082

Old October 27th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Not sure if this is working as intended but my sorcerer/incantatrix seems to have manifested a bunch of additional level 0 spells, specifically:
  • Amaneunsis
  • Caltrops
  • Electric Jolt
  • Launch Bolt
  • Launch Item
  • Repair Minor Damage
  • Silent Portal
  • Sonic Snap
  • Stick

They appear greyed out in the spellcasting tab, and print with the abilities printout.

Last edited by saturn082; October 28th, 2015 at 11:50 AM.
saturn082 is offline   #394 Reply With Quote
bryandet

Old October 28th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Usually, this kind of thing is caused by an error in compilation. Did you receive any errors prior to opening your portfolio? If so, please copy and past it here.
Hey Sendric- I uninstalled Hero Lab, did a clean reinstall, reloaded only the most recent community files, now everything is working. Thanks for your willingness to lend a hand!

Last edited by bryandet; October 28th, 2015 at 08:44 AM. Reason: It isn't clear what I'm responding to
bryandet is offline   #395 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old October 29th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Sendric, I was going to ask how you bootstrap something (like a feat) and "silence" it, but if you're having problems with it, it may be beyond my crude skills.
Nightfox is offline   #396 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 30th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn082 View Post
Not sure if this is working as intended but my sorcerer/incantatrix seems to have manifested a bunch of additional level 0 spells, specifically:
  • Amaneunsis
  • Caltrops
  • Electric Jolt
  • Launch Bolt
  • Launch Item
  • Repair Minor Damage
  • Silent Portal
  • Sonic Snap
  • Stick

They appear greyed out in the spellcasting tab, and print with the abilities printout.
Sorry. I missed this. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this. I suspect it has something to do with the new Helper.Obsolete tag, but I can't be sure. Could you post the .por file here so I can take a look at it?
Sendric is offline   #397 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 30th, 2015, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Sendric, I was going to ask how you bootstrap something (like a feat) and "silence" it, but if you're having problems with it, it may be beyond my crude skills.
I never even got that far, actually. Once I took a look at it, I realized my mistake in moving feat pre-reqs to pick-reqs. In any case, I was going to start with the Helper.FtDisable tag, though I think that leaves the feat grayed out so it may not have been ideal anyway.
Sendric is offline   #398 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 30th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Sorry. I missed this. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this. I suspect it has something to do with the new Helper.Obsolete tag, but I can't be sure. Could you post the .por file here so I can take a look at it?
If these are 0-level cantrips from the community set that uses Helper.Obsolete tag then this is fixed in the next d20 release. I discovered this same issue this last weekend. It has to do with the fact that they where bootstrapped at one time and so exist inside the .por file. You can use the .por file as a test when you get the Beta version to make sure the issue is fixed.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #399 Reply With Quote
paulh

Old October 30th, 2015, 04:55 PM
There's a calculation issue with two weapon fighting when using two of the same weapon that are stacked.

For example, a single throwing axe in primary hand, I have +7 melee/+7 ranged. If I equip a second axe in that same stack, I still have +7 melee/+7 ranged.

If I equipment 1st axe from one stack, and 2nd from a different stack, it properly calculates +5 melee/+5 ranged.

I may not have explained that well. I could do screen shots if necessary.

EDIT: Oh, I see what's happening. When I equip 1st and 2nd in a stack of axes, it assumes I'm wielding a single axe with both hands, not an axe for each hand.

So, perhaps not a bug.

Last edited by paulh; October 30th, 2015 at 05:00 PM.
paulh is offline   #400 Reply With Quote