Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMG View Post
The HL installer file isn't downloading with the .exe extension... Could be confusing to some people.
Can you give me more details on this? Are you getting a 404, or is the file downloading with a different name, or something else? Also, which email client are you using?

Last edited by Colen; March 4th, 2014 at 08:25 AM.
Colen is offline   #11
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Modron View Post
And I know that this is an ambitious thought, but a treasure generator that can print out a list of the loot appropriate for that encounter, this would be sweet.

There are online tools that can do this, but again a one stop shop would be ideal.
A treasure generator is one of those things on our long-term todo list, but out of the scope of this project.
Colen is offline   #12
mezme

Old March 4th, 2014, 06:51 AM
I tried it a bit this morning. (on a mac)

No trouble installing it.

- This is a much better way to import creatures into a potfolio.
- Filtering such as creature types, environment and CR would be great.
- The ability to add CR changing templates such as giant, young, zombie etc... would make it even better.

As is it is already a great improvement.

I will post any bug encountered, I have seen none yet.

Thank you guys, this will save me a lot o time.
mezme is offline   #13
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingRhino View Post
2. There does not seem to be a way to change a creature already in the encounter into an ally or enemy. One might need to do this because they added a creature wrong … OR they just want to see what the CR of their party is!
3. It would be nice if there was an indicator as to whether a member in a portfolio is an ally or an enemy.
2) In the character menu, choose "Configure Hero" - the Enemy/Ally Selector is on that form.

3) From the view menu, choose "Show Tactical Console" - if the picture's on the left, it's an ally, if the picture's on the right, it's an enemy.
Mathias is offline   #14
neillwhy

Old March 4th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Hi - how can I add more creatures to the encounter builder database - NPC's etc
neillwhy is offline   #15
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neillwhy View Post
Hi - how can I add more creatures to the encounter builder database - NPC's etc
In the Tools menu, choose "Explore Folders", and then "Game System Data Folder".

Create the NPC you want to add to the database as normal, and then instead of saving the file to the default location, save it to the "Game System Data Folder", and instead of the default extension of .por, give it the extension .stock.
Mathias is offline   #16
bodrin

Old March 4th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Had a quick play with this today.

No installation problems.
No crashes.

The interface is simple enough, however I'd like a few more filtering options. Rather than the standard search box.

Terrain / Type / Subtype / Etc. Filter switches would be a more streamlined method of searching.
It's still a bit clunky searching for certain things. I tested for a specific XP total, once I'd included a space after the numerical figure, ie 600 XP not 600XP, that's when it became more intuitive however still cumbersome.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #17
CGJackson

Old March 4th, 2014, 10:49 AM
So, this happened upon first trying to launch the encounter builder. I followed the instructions of the email and successfully finished the import with no problems. Everything seemed to be functioning as normal. Then I clicked the Encounter button, and ...Error message! Following the message, the program froze up and the computer had to be restarted.

HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details, or you can find them in this file: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\lwderror13716.txt

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
4.3b 407

major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7601, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 1, spmaj: 1, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x0060e244
Type: bad read
CGJackson is offline   #18
neillwhy

Old March 4th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
In the Tools menu, choose "Explore Folders", and then "Game System Data Folder".

Create the NPC you want to add to the database as normal, and then instead of saving the file to the default location, save it to the "Game System Data Folder", and instead of the default extension of .por, give it the extension .stock.
Thank you
neillwhy is offline   #19
Michele
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Hi DivingRhino! Thanks for taking the time to check out the new encounter builder!

Quote:
1. I would like to see the regular portfolio screen show the XP, and CR for its contents.
What exactly do you mean by the regular portfolio screen?

Quote:
3. It would be nice if there was an indicator as to whether a member in a portfolio is an ally or an enemy.
Thanks for the feedback! We are brainstorming a few ways to make a hero's allegiance more visible. Did you have a particular place in mind?
Michele is offline   #20
Closed Thread