Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 21st, 2016, 09:14 AM
I'm attempting to create a Topic with a limited number of snippets. I find that personally, the topics have too many snippets, and it has put me off from entering data.

Maybe I'm missing something, but when creating a snippet, I'm confused that the "Description" field does not show up as the greyed out snippet text when in the topic.

To illustrate, I assumed that A would show up at B

Edit: There should be red ovals and letters on the images, but I forgot them when I first uploded to Photobucket, deleted, then uploaded the correct versions. For some reason, the images might be the ones without the ovals...

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.

Last edited by Zaphod Beebledoc; August 21st, 2016 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Photobucket being daft...
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old August 21st, 2016, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
I'm attempting to create a Topic with a limited number of snippets. I find that personally, the topics have too many snippets, and it has put me off from entering data.

Maybe I'm missing something, but when creating a snippet, I'm confused that the "Description" field does not show up as the greyed out snippet text when in the topic.

To illustrate, I assumed that A would show up at B

Edit: There should be red ovals and letters on the images, but I forgot them when I first uploded to Photobucket, deleted, then uploaded the correct versions. For some reason, the images might be the ones without the ovals...
The description text would appear as the grayed-out text if it were a text snippet. I am pretty sure that ALL tag-based snippets say "Enter annotation here" in the text box that accompanies them.

History: Early on, to address the requests for labeled text snippets, I suggested putting the description text in the text as the grayed-out default. It was accepted as a good work-around while LoneWolf considered the issue of labeled text snippets.
Silveras is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 21st, 2016, 01:37 PM
The behavior I have noted is that Text Snippets and Labeled Text Snippets inherit the description from the Section Definition Details. Tags do not.

It seems to me better behaviour that Text Snippets, Labeled Text Snippets, and Tags should use the description in each snippets Snippet Type Details.

I'm assuming the point of such descriptions is to help with filling out each snippet. If you can't have different descriptions as help text in the different snippets in a section, what is the point?

I think I remember that thread.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 22nd, 2016, 09:55 AM
We're aware of this one, and it's something we'd like to change. Thanks!
Joe is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 22nd, 2016, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
We're aware of this one, and it's something we'd like to change. Thanks!
Excellent!

Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #5 Reply With Quote