Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jkthomsen9

Old January 15th, 2015, 06:42 AM
There are many ways of doing things. I run AP's in Pathfinder game setting. I have found it easiest to use people, places, for entering campaign settings, player companions and Gazetteers. In this way I set up the broad strokes of what's going on any given sunday across the world of Golarion. But the AP is the current event and is what is moving and shaking right now....so I put it in events. In this way the entire AP, with the exception of the appendix/gazetteer info in the back, can be put in storyline/Quest/Scene format. In this way I use RW for both the Macro and the Micro view of my campaign world.

As for where to put people, I have also found it easier to place most NPC's in the location they are most of the time. Shopkeepers in their shops, rulers in the capital ect.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old January 16th, 2015, 03:46 AM
For Dungeon Rooms I first experimented with Locations but I ended up with lots of surplus information that I didn't really needed so I have created a very short 'Room' category under locations set up like this:

Room:

Function: Short description of the function of the room inside the dungeon. Example: 'these are the kitchens where the ogre cook Sully prepares the Killer Fish being brought in by the goblins)

Player text: A short flavor text for the players that I read aloud when they enter the room. Can be customized like one descriptions with monsters and one without (if the party has drawn the monsters from the room or alerted them before entering).

DM information: Important information about the room. Basically all the text I need to run the room. Traps, information about the occupants, points of interest, challenges etc.

Monsters and NPC's: Monster profiles, NPC setup. The monsters all have a little snippet with their profile/stats (which I have entered before) so I can easily run them during a combat. Minor NPC's which will most likely not reappear are entered here. Major ones will be created and put in the room (as a container).

Valuables: Treasures, loot that didn't end up in DM information.

I'm still experimenting with it. Currently building a dungeon (and designing it with Dungeon Designer) and this will be the second dungeon area I will run with RW..

The only thing about categories that I really don't like is that the tree options are pretty simplistic and everything completely opens up once I start RW..
FreakFire74 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote