Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 28th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storeyl View Post
I don't think the above was aimed at me, but is there a way to test as a proper player version? Using my normal account. It would be nice if there was.
Not really. You would need a separate account (GM or player) and login on a different machine or under a different Windows account on the same machine.

The intention is that we fix any issues in the Player Mode of the GM edition so that it does show what players would see.

Last edited by davidp; December 28th, 2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Clarification
davidp is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
zeepee

Old December 28th, 2014, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
I just tested this with one computer running GM edition and a second computer running player edition. I revealed a topic and a tag-based snippet, synced up and then synced down and on the player edition, I only saw the single revealed tag-based snippet (out of a total of four). I then also concealed that snippet and revealed a different tag snippet and it looked fine again after syncing.

I did see the bug in the GM edition with "Enter Player Mode" that it shows the tags on the right and with filtering by tags, but none of that showed up with the player edition.

Could you post some screen shots from the GM edition and then also from the perspective of a player edition for what you are seeing? That may give us more of a clue as to what you might be seeing and in determining what the problem might be.
Hi David,

Sure, I will make some screenshots of the problem later tonight (Danish time) when I am back from Work and post them in this thread..

/Zeepee
zeepee is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
zeepee

Old December 29th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
I just tested this with one computer running GM edition and a second computer running player edition. I revealed a topic and a tag-based snippet, synced up and then synced down and on the player edition, I only saw the single revealed tag-based snippet (out of a total of four). I then also concealed that snippet and revealed a different tag snippet and it looked fine again after syncing.

I did see the bug in the GM edition with "Enter Player Mode" that it shows the tags on the right and with filtering by tags, but none of that showed up with the player edition.

Could you post some screen shots from the GM edition and then also from the perspective of a player edition for what you are seeing? That may give us more of a clue as to what you might be seeing and in determining what the problem might be.

Hi David / Rob,

I have tried doing different test this evening, but I can't seem to trigger the bug on the Player's edition anymore..

Soo... As I can only reproduce the bug on the GM edition of Realm Works, maybe the Player's edition is not affected after all, as I can't rule out that I maybe revealed a snippet by mistake, mistaken one tag listing from another or I forgot to sync both editions in my last test.

I am going to test the Player's edition a bit further regarding this issue to see if I somehow can reproduce bug on the Player's edition as well. If I can, I will post my findings here along with instructions and screendumbs of what I did.

But until then, consider this bug "GM edition-only"..

Sorry for the confusion.

/Zeepee
zeepee is offline   #13 Reply With Quote