Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MNBlockHead

Old October 1st, 2016, 08:35 AM
Okay, I think I had figured this out before and forgot. Sorry if I'm posting the obvious, but it may help others confused about this.

If you have the option to "Group Similar Kinds of Topic" selected, the "show in current navigation" will not work. I find grouping similar kinds of topics more useful than focusing on the current topic in the navigation, so I just won't be using this feature.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 1st, 2016, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
If you have the option to "Group Similar Kinds of Topic" selected, the "show in current navigation" will not work. I find grouping similar kinds of topics more useful than focusing on the current topic in the navigation, so I just won't be using this feature.
If this is the case, it's a bug. As long as the topic/article appears within the navigation pane, it should be centered upon. If there are cases where we're not properly doing that, it's a bug.

Please re-check this a bit more and confirm for me whether this is a bug.
rob is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 2nd, 2016, 08:34 PM
When I have "Group Similar Kinds of Topic" select it doesn't work.
Screen shot of my World Almanac Options:

ScreenClip1.png

With those settings, I have a topic "ongon" which is a subtopic of "Shamanistic Tengrism", which is a subtopic of "Tengrism", all of which are "concept" topics. With those settings they are grouped together under "concept" and "concept" is a subgroup of "other". They are sorted near the bottom of the navigation panel. If I scroll to the top of the navigation list and then do CTRL+= or select "show in current navigation" from the Content Pane Options, it does nothing.

If I remove the check from "Group Similar Kinds of Topics" so that my World Almanac Options look like this:

ScreenClip2.png

Then Tengrism appears alphabetically in the list, the "concepts" and "other" group headers are gone. If I scroll away from the topic and use CTRL+= or select "show in current navigation" from the Content Pane Options, it works as intended.

I will file it as a bug, but I may be the only person having this issue, unless all those who have posted using it are not grouping similar topics together, which seems unlikely.

MNBlockHead is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 2nd, 2016, 08:38 PM
Actually, I still have a bug report open on this, which I opened in December 2015. Case number is 83225.

I'll send an e-mail to support referencing the case number and this thread to update.

MNBlockHead is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old October 3rd, 2016, 03:15 AM
MNBlockHead:

I have the same settings as in your first picture with the addition of "Show prefix before name when available".

And I can get CTRL + = to work (except I have to use CTRL + + because of my Danish keyboard).

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #25 Reply With Quote