Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Daelda

Old August 19th, 2013, 06:38 AM
I have a settlement named Digger Springs, run by a guy named Benedict "Big Ben" Rao. I was in the middle of entering information into the Digger Springs entry when I realized that I needed to enter some aliases for Big Ben.

I entered in each alias and all was fine until I went back to the Digger Springs entry and it found several of them. Now, every time I create a new snippet, I get a popup that says, "Content Link Fixups - One or more of the embedded links in the text require the following fixups: A topic name changed, and tooltip for arbitrary links need to be updated: (it then lists the aliases) - Do you wish to make these changes and save?"

No matter how many times I click "Yes", or save the topic, the popup appears again if I open a new snippet. I have left the Digger Springs topic, restarted RW - and it still does it. It is just a bit annoying.

Let me know if I need to do anything or try anything to fix this.
Daelda is offline   #1
zarlor

Old August 19th, 2013, 06:53 AM
I get that too behavior as well on a bunch of different topics, although I never really put together what might have been the initial trigger for it. Now that you point out adding aliases after creation that may very well be what it is.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2
DeckOfManyThings

Old August 19th, 2013, 07:12 AM
I've seen this a bunch. A pop-up wanting to "fix" a link and even clicking yes doesn't make it permanent.

I was able to eliminate one instance by renaming the name of the "broken" (not really) Topic, then rescanning the text causing an issue, then renaming it back and rescanning again.
DeckOfManyThings is offline   #3
Daelda

Old August 19th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckOfManyThings View Post
I've seen this a bunch. A pop-up wanting to "fix" a link and even clicking yes doesn't make it permanent.

I was able to eliminate one instance by renaming the name of the "broken" (not really) Topic, then rescanning the text causing an issue, then renaming it back and rescanning again.
Trick didn't work for me, dang it. And now it is doing it on every new alias I create.
Daelda is offline   #4
Dakadin

Old August 19th, 2013, 09:41 AM
I encountered it also. It seemed to happen when I changed the main entry with an alias entry but I could be wrong.

Using the bottom option from the pop menu to clear and rescan the links resolved it for me. Anything else, I tried just kept it coming back. Hopefully it works for you also.
Dakadin is offline   #5
Daelda

Old August 19th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
I encountered it also. It seemed to happen when I changed the main entry with an alias entry but I could be wrong.

Using the bottom option from the pop menu to clear and rescan the links resolved it for me. Anything else, I tried just kept it coming back. Hopefully it works for you also.
Nope - tried re-scanning several times and that didn't work. I am not getting the error on every topic I create now, just on certain ones - but for those ones it is every time something links to them. I'll keep trying different things to fix it.

Thanks for the input.
Daelda is offline   #6
Dakadin

Old August 19th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I will try to see if I can recreate it so I can figure out the cause and how we can get this resolved for you.
Dakadin is offline   #7
Daelda

Old August 19th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
I will try to see if I can recreate it so I can figure out the cause and how we can get this resolved for you.
Any help is appreciated.
Daelda is offline   #8
Dakadin

Old August 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I can recreate it by switching the name of the topic with one of its aliases. I am not sure if that is how it happened for you. I was able to fix it by selecting No when it asked to fix it then choosing Clear All Content Links and Rescan.

I did notice that if you select Yes it will actually change the text along with the link. I was changing between Elves and Elven People and it changes the word elves that was linked to elven people.
Dakadin is offline   #9
Daelda

Old August 19th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
I can recreate it by switching the name of the topic with one of its aliases. I am not sure if that is how it happened for you. I was able to fix it by selecting No when it asked to fix it then choosing Clear All Content Links and Rescan.

I did notice that if you select Yes it will actually change the text along with the link. I was changing between Elves and Elven People and it changes the word elves that was linked to elven people.
That's not how it happened for me, but that's how I fixed it. I changed the topic name for one of its aliases and then went to where I was having the problem and hit "No", then did a clear & rescan and it is fixed.

Thanks much for helping me sort this out!
Daelda is offline   #10