Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AEIOU

Old August 17th, 2013, 06:08 PM
I'm working on RotRL and for sanity's sake I want the building ID's listed visibly so all of the business are listed in order in the story almanac. But I also want auto-linking of cut/paste text to these same businesses. So I need to create the business and then create an alias that includes the location ID.

Have you considered a display mask that would allow us to merge fields for display. In this case, it would be much simpler to create a numerical snippet for each location. And a formulaic field where I can specify NUMBER & "-" & NAME to get 26 - General Store for display in the almanac.

This will also be absolutely necessary for dungeons and adventures.

Right now, I end up with an alias that is doubling the length of my buildings. On the flipside, one is sorted by encounter ID and the other alphabetical so maybe I'll get used to just using aliases....
AEIOU is offline   #1
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2013, 01:06 PM
We've already got a mechanism for this built into the design (and implemented in the database structure). We just haven't had time to percolate it up to the UI yet.
rob is offline   #2