Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Daelda

Old August 16th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I would love the capability to associate a pin to more than one piece of content. For example, let's say we have "Joe's Bar", obviously we want to associate that to the bartender and owner, Joe. But what about his bouncer, Big Mike? At the moment, the only way to do that, that I have found, is to add another pin.
Daelda is offline   #1
zarlor

Old August 16th, 2013, 01:02 PM
The pin should probably just be associated to the location (it's not like there's a lot of room on a pin to hold more than one thing!) Then your location should have all the entries in it for Owner and Employees, etc. That's what I do, anyway, and it works pretty well, IMHO.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2
Daelda

Old August 16th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
The pin should probably just be associated to the location (it's not like there's a lot of room on a pin to hold more than one thing!) Then your location should have all the entries in it for Owner and Employees, etc. That's what I do, anyway, and it works pretty well, IMHO.
Thanks, the obvious escaped me. I was using Locations for larger expanses, I forgot that it was a category for establishments as well.
Daelda is offline   #3
zarlor

Old August 16th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Yeah, actually one of my requests is for tools to paint overlays on maps so we could actually do pins and larger expanses as well. I'd really like to be able to select, say, a neighborhood entry that highlights an area instead of just a pin. Maybe it will be something we get eventually. I hope, anyway!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4
pyremius

Old August 16th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Nice idea. I was thinking of a similar result, but couldn't come up with any way to implement it. That sounds like a very nice solution (if it's feasible, of course).
pyremius is offline   #5