Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 30th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Hi,

Recently a number of users have kindly contributed stock portfolios to the Mutants & Masterminds data files. This thread is intended to give them a thank you, and to also track who is working on which stock heroes.

If you want to contribute by entering stock heroes from a supplement book, check here to see if someone else is working on the same thing. If they are, you can contact them to see if they want to collaborate (for example, you add archetypes from chapters 1-5 or 6-10), or just work on another book. That way we avoid people spending time on work that other people are already doing.

The archetypes currently added to Hero Lab are:

Core Rulebook: Animals, Heroes & Villains, Monsters, Supporting Characters (thanks JDRook!)
Agents of Freedom: Agents (thanks JDRook!)
Golden Age (thanks Sean Duggan!)
Instant Superheroes: Normal heroes, Sidekicks (thanks Nathan K.!)
Street Level Archetypes (thanks Nathan K.!)
Freedom City (thanks Nathan K.!)

Post here if you're entering archetypes from another book - once you're finished email them to me at colen@wolflair.com, and I'll get them included in the data files.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Colen; January 5th, 2010 at 03:09 PM.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 30th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I am currently putting together the Mecha and Manga archetypes as I noted to you in an earlier PM.

By the by, for those who are interested in lifting the artwork, I've had great success with GIMP's lasso selection tool followed by judicious amounts of use of the Fill tool with a minor bit of color tolerance. Remember to turn off Antialiasing and Feather Edge for the best results (i.e. no visible ghostly outline form where you cut out the outline).
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1

Old December 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I will be doing proofing/tweaks on the Freedom City Archetypes and the Archetype Archive Collection and submitting them soon.

Nathan
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
JDRook

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old December 30th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I had been planning on doing the Freedom City book, but seeing as we're all pitching in to build up the stock portfolios, I think I'd be more useful doing the Agents of Freedom 2nd ed book.

@Duggan: I haven't really been bothering with the artwork much. For myself, I've been just copying pictures right out of the pdf, pasting them in Irfan and saving them as jpegs with default settings to a separate folder in HeroLab, but I haven't been sending them with the portfolio packages. If that's something we want to include as well, I suppose I could resize the images a bit, since they average around 100kb each.

edit @fillerbunny_x1: hehe, I guess we were thinking on the same freqeuncy, since I decided to change to Agents before I read that you're doing the Freedom City arcs.

Last edited by JDRook; December 30th, 2009 at 07:16 PM.
JDRook is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old December 30th, 2009, 10:38 PM
A while ago I started working on the Instant Heroes portfolios, but I stopped for technical reasons, given this topic I think I'm going to restart that work.
Woodclaw is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1

Old December 30th, 2009, 11:33 PM
@Woodclaw- Instant Heroes is done
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old December 31st, 2009, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillerbunny_x1 View Post
@Woodclaw- Instant Heroes is done
Sorry I missed it.
Woodclaw is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old January 1st, 2010, 07:10 PM
Are these archetypes already accessible, or are they for the next planned update? The first post made it sound like they're in there already, but I haven't been able to find the Instant Superheroes templates...

Thanks in advance!
Shadowchaser is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
JDRook

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old January 1st, 2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
Are these archetypes already accessible, or are they for the next planned update? The first post made it sound like they're in there already, but I haven't been able to find the Instant Superheroes templates...

Thanks in advance!
I believe they are for the next planned update. All the portfolios mentioned in bold the first post on this thread have been completed and submitted to Colen.

I'm not sure when the next planned update is myself, and am not in any official capacity to say for certain, but I suspect it will be done before February.
JDRook is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:43 AM
I agree with Shadowchaser that is read as if they were ready now but like him, I could find them. So I came to the same conclusion JDRook espoused, that it is intended for some/all of them to be in the next or future updates.

Like JD I am just a user of the fine software who occasionally does his part to make it a little better with bug reports and/or suggestions. So no predictions on when the next update will be released but you know the old saying: better late than never. However, I would like to point out that sooner is better.

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; January 2nd, 2010 at 12:49 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #10 Reply With Quote