Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Volrath

Old October 19th, 2015, 10:30 PM
I have installed all updates and am very happy with the changes so far. The conversion of my realms worked smoothly.

During the preparation for the last session I had several crashes of the software while editing Notes. One crash also occurred during the session itself.

I can not nail the crashes to a certain action or feature I am using right now. If I find a reproducible crash then I will file a bug report. For now I just wanted to ask if other users have crashes while editing notes.
Volrath is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 20th, 2015, 05:22 AM
Not while editing notes. Generally, RW only crashes when I either have it open with lots of other apps running or when I have lots of tabs open. I've had it crash during sessions when trying to share large maps with lots of pins, while also having lots of tabs open. These smack of memory issues and I now keep the Task Manager open so that I can monitor memory use to avoid freezing and crashing programs.

You might find it helpful to do the same while editing. Keep an eye on memory usage in Task Manager while you are using RW and see how number of tabs and simultaneous use of other software impacts your system's memory.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Decrayer

Old October 20th, 2015, 11:28 AM
I also experienced crashes with 204. I will wait a bit till it becomes more stable.

Edit: I didn't have many tabs open (maybe 2) and only RW running. And 8gb RAM.

Last edited by Decrayer; October 20th, 2015 at 10:40 PM.
Decrayer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Volrath

Old October 20th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will keep an eye on the Task Manager when using Realm Works in the future.
Volrath is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old October 21st, 2015, 04:14 AM
I'm getting some crashes, and reporting them in weird times.

Generally, it seems to happen on a save for a topic.

Sometimes, it's when I do things too fast. I was linking plot points together and dragged from A to B then A to C, then tried to delete the A to B link (I linked wrong) and it all crashed out on me. Happened in about 2 seconds.

Same with the topic saves.

Not sure what's up there. I just keep reporting it.
Pollution is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old October 21st, 2015, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
I'm getting some crashes, and reporting them in weird times.

Generally, it seems to happen on a save for a topic.

Sometimes, it's when I do things too fast.
I have the same experience.
meek75 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old October 21st, 2015, 06:11 AM
And sometimes when I do things slowly.

Sent a bunch of crash reports this morning.

I think I'm done entering data for the day.
Pollution is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Decapus

Old October 21st, 2015, 11:56 AM
I have a lot of crashes too, and now it happens every time i try to open RW. I have reported the problem, but right now i can't even use RW :-(

If i am quick, i can click on another topic while RW is starting up (when all the windows begin popping up), and then it won't crash. But when i try to open the topic that gave me all the crashes to start with, it crashes again.

Last edited by Decapus; October 21st, 2015 at 12:14 PM. Reason: New notes
Decapus is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rogue_jm

Old October 22nd, 2015, 01:15 AM
I am having similar issues. he crashing I am getting seems to be linked specifically to when making changes in Manage Names, where are I am changing the case matching to Case Sensitive from Ignore. can change snippets and other data without issue, but getting crashes every time I save after making the Case Match change.
rogue_jm is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 22nd, 2015, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_jm View Post
I am having similar issues. he crashing I am getting seems to be linked specifically to when making changes in Manage Names, where are I am changing the case matching to Case Sensitive from Ignore. can change snippets and other data without issue, but getting crashes every time I save after making the Case Match change.
First of all, are you running with the latest build 204?

Second, I can't reproduce any problems based on the limited information you provide here. Can you please elaborate on what steps you are taking and when the crash occurs? It sounds like it's more than just changing the case matching behavior, and we need to know all the pieces to reproduce (and fix) the problem.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote