Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JohnnFour

Old October 26th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Howdy,

Is there a thread or site where HL users trade NPCs they've built?
JohnnFour is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 29th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I dont think there is a seperate thread. A lot of NPCs can be found in the Stock NPCs that you can pull up from the Tactical Consol.

On a side note I have created a bunch of fighter NPCs, more like actual characters that I use when I need a good combatant. my hope is to create a set of NPCs from 1st to 20th level for each class. I am also in the process on creating all the NPCs using the Pathfinder Kingmaker path, and putting them into stock files and will distribute them.

Are you looking for anything specific or just a standard rogues gallery?

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JohnnFour

Old October 29th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Cool beans.

I was looking for uniques. Just started using Hero Lab for my PFRPG campaign and thought there might be an area to trade NPCs. Not that I have built many yet - just did three this week but they're still missing the flavour bits.

Used HL in a game for the first time last night and it was excellent. It helped run what became a session-long combat.
JohnnFour is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old October 30th, 2010, 09:00 AM
trading NPC files sounds like a great idea.

Any thoughts on where we could all do this? Maybe a place to upload and post ideas, backgrounds, etc...
Globetrotter is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 30th, 2010, 09:36 AM
I think what might be a good idea is to create a Rogues Gallery. I know sort of thing has been done in the past for just about every game system. I would like to see the NPCs from the various paths created (I am working on the Kingmaker one now). along with a set of NPCs for each class. Starting with generic ones first but them creating a library of NPCs created by users.

If folks haven't sen it yet, there is a repository of user created data sets for both D20 and PF. The NPCs could be posted on our sites along with the user files, or even included in the secondary update file we have been creating.

Just ideas, anyone else?

For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Pryllin

Old October 30th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Hi there,
I'm currently making up Portfolio's for Kingmaker (Stolen Lands) encounters.
Is there somewhere we can get the non-Bestiary monsters from because building them from scratch is awful time consuming? Otherwise, if anyone else is interested, we can share the workload and share the results.
David
Pryllin is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 30th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I am currently making the portfolios as well for the Shackled City Adventure Path. I am working from Chapter 8 (finished with Ch8) and through Chapter 12. If anyone wants the NPC's for Shackled City AP. Let me know. Or if YOU have any of them please let me know as well. (this is all being converted to Pathfinder by me )

I am also willing to help with the earlier chapters too.. I Have Jil the Assassin from Chapters 1&2 (Same stats for both chapters). Any others let me know. I do not mind helping out.

I agree though making the monsters like the Beholder is time consuming. I have yet to make the AP's final boss and man is he going to be fin considering his stats.

Anyone need anything or have anything please feel free to let me know.
-jon

Last edited by Nikmal; October 30th, 2010 at 11:26 PM.
Nikmal is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Pryllin

Old October 30th, 2010, 10:49 PM
I was thinking of the non-Bestiary monsters in Stolen Lands, but the old favourites from That Other System too is a great idea. We could try and organise a site where you can download all the monsters, but you have to upload one first. :-)
Maybe yahoo groups herolab or something. Maybe I should go hassle them. :-)
David
Pryllin is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 31st, 2010, 04:39 AM
Pryllin, I have a bunch of the Kingmaker stuff done already, if you send me what you have i'lll combine them into a file and post then to the user repository. Thanks.

chiefweasel is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
thundershot

Old March 2nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
We're about to start Kingmaker... any chance you still have those files?

Thanks
Chris
thundershot is offline   #10 Reply With Quote