Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Meatpuppet

Old February 16th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Hey there,

During every game session I GM, I run herolab on a 6 year old laptop (Win XP)

Whenever the Tactical Console is open and I import a stock hero (or a hero from a portofolio), as soon as I get back to the TC, I can only see a blue vertical line looking like the window was compressed in a thin vertical line. The weird thing is that it doesn't behave like this right off the bat, it takes a few Imports. The only way I found to bypass this annoying situation is to go to the "View" menu unclick the TC and then click it back on

Furthermore, last night something similar happened with the "heal/damage window" linked to the TC. When I clicked on the "eye button", the heal/damage window was so compressed (horizontally this time), that I could not click on anything, I couldn't even close the damn thing. It was a huge encounter, I had to force close Herolab and lose everything

I love this product, Herolab is my GM aid of choice but I'm getting worried about the stability of the Tactical Console, especially during large scale combats
Meatpuppet is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 16th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Was your Hero Lab window maximized at the time? Floating loose on the screen, or minimized to the taskbar? Where were the other windows in relation to the main HL window?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Meatpuppet

Old February 16th, 2011, 07:51 AM
My main Herolab window is usually maximized (I have a small screen so I rarely let it float around)

As for my Tactical Console (which on the contrary is always floating around), it falls in the background when I click on the Portofolio menu. It's when I click on the task bar at the bottom to bring it back upfront, that the bug usually appears.

For the "Damage/Heal" window issue, I just clicked on the related TC button while the main Herolab window was maximized behind it.
Meatpuppet is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 16th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I've also had this happen on my Vista machine. Somehow, and don't ask me how I did it, I got the thing to open back up. It happens to me on occasions, and the only option (with the exception of the one time I got it to open back up) is to close down HeroLab and start it up again. For the record, I didn't have anything maximized when mine happens, though sometimes I minimize the non-TC window. It's a rare event, but it does happen. I have had OpenOffice material open in the background (not maximized windows either) so I can see its info side-by-side with the TC, but that's about it. Mostly I'm paying attention to the tabletop, so I'm not sure if I am clicking something I shouldn't or navigating, so I've had a hard time tracking it down to what causes it.
Kendall-DM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Meatpuppet

Old February 16th, 2011, 08:41 AM
After some testing I can now reproduce the "vertical line TC" at will.

I open Herolab (main window maximised)
I load the PCs portofolio
I open the Tactical Console from the "View" menu; the TC window appears floating around.
I minimize the TC by sending it to the taskbar below
I import a monster or two.
I click on the TC button in the taskbar and voilà! Instant "ultra thin Tactical Console".

As for the "crushed damage/heal" window I didn't have enough time to recreate it (but IMHO these two bugs should be related)
Meatpuppet is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 16th, 2011, 01:53 PM
One of my players has been running the occasional game session using the TC and it does this exact same thing on a 32-bit Vista laptop. Playing around I could not figure out how to duplicate the issue.

Glade Meatpuppet you where able to find a way to duplicate the issue as that should hopefully allow LW to fix the issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 16th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I've brought this thread to Colen's attention so he can check out the TacCon bug. Thanks for reporting it and especially for giving us specific directions on how to reproduce it.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Meatpuppet

Old February 28th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Any news on this ?

This bug is getting quite annoying
Meatpuppet is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 28th, 2011, 06:05 PM
This bug should be fixed in the big V3.7 update, which ought to be out sometime in March.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Meatpuppet

Old March 1st, 2011, 05:22 AM
Thanks
Meatpuppet is offline   #10 Reply With Quote