Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Happydevil43

Old February 21st, 2018, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Well just to add thought to this conversation.. remember RW isn't very efficient anyway when it comes to "smart maps" ... until there is an improvement from 32bit to 64bit it will continue to struggle in the graphics area....
This is why, like others have mentioned, I don't use RW for the mapping. I look at RW as an electronic notebook, file cabinet to store game info.

Relying on my own terrain building skills, and VTT maps driven through a real mapping software (in my case D20Pro) but Fantasy Grounds, Map Tools,CC3, Roll20 are all good and BETTER than RW at this... but they should be ...RW isn't a map tool nor a VTT.

my 2cp
DLG
If it moves to 64bit I'll retest... what I would really like is to be able to link RW and Maptools (or any other VTT) so that I can have something I can click on and it display from RW... I can dream can't I.
Happydevil43 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old February 21st, 2018, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydevil43 View Post
If it moves to 64bit I'll retest... what I would really like is to be able to link RW and Maptools (or any other VTT) so that I can have something I can click on and it display from RW... I can dream can't I.
ITs a good dream..... many (including myself) share it..... we just all need the gorilla in the room (insert CM here) to be met, and tamed.... unfortunately..it is choking everything else....

The switch to 64 bit will catch RW up with the rest of the world, but even that will open up new obstacles of Realm "bloat" due to increased file sizes... assuming that the more accessible ram will lead to bigger / better maps... Anna, BJ and I discussed this at last year's gencon. This will inturn not help the laptop community since most laptops have a finite amount of ram without an expensive upgrade. So its a vicious circle yet to even be visited.

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #22 Reply With Quote