Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

flyteach

Old November 30th, 2019, 08:18 AM
I searched and couldn't find anything, so I apologize in advance if I missed it. In PF2, how does one account for ammunition (arrows, bolts, etc) usage? In SF it's easy, but this appears to be completely missing from PF2. This is a big in game usage issue with HLO.
flyteach is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old November 30th, 2019, 06:12 PM
Since using ammo destroys it, I've just been "selling for 0" expended ammo between turns.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 2nd, 2019, 06:44 PM
We realize this is a little clunky and are hoping to improve this in the near future.

As far as it being easier in SF vs PF2, I'm not sure what you're referring to, as both games use similar ammo interfaces. On the Play tab, in the Equipment section, on the weapon in question, an icon appears (bullets in SF, bow and arrow in PF2). Clicking this should give you access to the ammo contained within the weapon. Perhaps your arrows are not slotted into the bow?
Joe is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 2nd, 2019, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
On the Play tab, in the Equipment section, on the weapon in question, an icon appears (bullets in SF, bow and arrow in PF2). Clicking this should give you access to the ammo contained within the weapon. Perhaps your arrows are not slotted into the bow?
When I click on the bow and arrow icon, it shows whatever ammo is "stored" in the Weapon but the + and - icons don't do anything and typing in the box reverts to 0. The same happens with the stack icon next to the ammunition's separate entry in the Equipment list. Doing these things works in Starfinder. I reported it as a bug. (Initially I thought it was just a demo limitation.)

Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 3rd, 2019, 09:32 AM
@Parody thanks for the report, I'm definitely seeing that on my end too now. Curious that it's broken in one game and not the other (as I said, they use the same UI code), so I suspect a data problem. I'll get the DFA's attention on this.
Joe is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 3rd, 2019, 10:12 AM
We think we have a handle on this one now. I believe it was working correctly at one point, but was broken in an optimization pass that we did a little while ago. We're testing a fix now, and hopefully if it works as expected, this will be in an update very soon (unsure if it would make it in for tomorrow or not).
Joe is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old December 8th, 2019, 12:13 PM
Thanks Joe. I try to be accurate with my bug reporting, so I was pretty sure when I said it worked in one and not in the other I was onto something. I too figured it was the same or extremely similar code and was confused why it didn't work the same.
flyteach is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ne0x

Old April 4th, 2020, 07:32 PM
Has this been implemented? I'm unclear on how to "apply" the used ammo. Do we have to split it off the stack and go into the inventory screen and sell it for 0?
ne0x is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
FluffyDingo

Old April 6th, 2020, 08:48 PM
Ammunition to a character adds a tracker with which to track the used/remaining ammo. It doesn't actually remove it from the character, that must be done manually, but it allows for the tracking of how much remains.
FluffyDingo is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ne0x

Old April 7th, 2020, 04:28 PM
OK. Thanks.
ne0x is offline   #10 Reply With Quote