Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

wynlyndd

Old September 16th, 2019, 11:05 AM
Relatively minor thing. Put the Class DC on the Play screen. And printouts.

"A class DC sets the difficulty for some abilities granted by your character’s
class. Class DC = 10 + proficiency bonus + key ability modifier."

As we are new to the PF2 system, we had to go tearing through the books to find a character's class DC, all while I had an HLO printout of the character and kept mumbling to myself "It should be on here..."
wynlyndd is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old September 16th, 2019, 11:10 AM
of course, different classes get raised to expert and master at different levels.
wynlyndd is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Each of the abilities on the class already has its own DC calculated (which will be the class DC of the class it's on). Because of that, we decided not to spend some of the space on the play tab displaying the class DC on its own. Under what circumstances would you be looking for the class DC when you're not using one of the class' abilities? I'm just trying to gauge how often this would be used.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old September 16th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Not sure as I was not playing the character, but it was some Alchemist ability. It escapes me which one. I should try to find out
wynlyndd is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old September 17th, 2019, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Each of the abilities on the class already has its own DC calculated (which will be the class DC of the class it's on). Because of that, we decided not to spend some of the space on the play tab displaying the class DC on its own. Under what circumstances would you be looking for the class DC when you're not using one of the class' abilities? I'm just trying to gauge how often this would be used.

Okay the problem isn't with HLO. He wasn't using the Fumbus I printed out and gave him, but a print out of Fumbus he found on Paizo.
wynlyndd is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mpilon

Old January 8th, 2020, 02:46 PM
Hello, I agree that the Class DC would be an important stats to have on your character sheet (and play screen) as some rules (like from the Critical hit deck) requires your Class (or Spell) DC!

Excerpt from the P2 critical hit deck rules:

"The save DC for an effect inflicted by a PC is their class DC"

Possible to add this info?

Thanks!
mpilon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old January 10th, 2020, 04:27 PM
Tell me again why the PFD printout does not use the Character sheet from the book, Please?
The class DC should be one of the stats on the first view, along with the Six attributes, AC, Perception, and Saving Throws.
thaX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Shroud

Old January 13th, 2020, 09:53 AM
In addition, using the Trick Magic Item feat may require you to know your Class DC when using something you have found and need to use.
Shroud is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old January 16th, 2020, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
Tell me again why the PFD printout does not use the Character sheet from the book, Please?
The class DC should be one of the stats on the first view, along with the Six attributes, AC, Perception, and Saving Throws.
Maybe the official charactersheet layout is copyrighted and not included in LW's license agreement with Paizo? I can't think of any other reason NOT to have the official layout as an option at least when outputting from HL to pdf.
dacoobob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Blaydsong

Old February 27th, 2024, 10:22 PM
I wanted to bring this back into view, as I think that it's still relevant. While I do agree that some things/abilities seem to have this calculation available, it doesn't seem to be there universally.

Currently, I am unable to see the Class DC for things like Critical Specialization for weapons. The ability comes up when it is available, but it doesn't seem to include this important stat when it's needed.
Blaydsong is offline   #10 Reply With Quote