Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 21st, 2020, 09:19 AM
Welcome
Campaign Theater is currently in Public Beta! We invite you to dive in, try things out, and share your feedback with us. As you may notice along the way, everything is steadily evolving, and we have an extensive roadmap ahead of us.

Bug Reports and User Data
Bugs are sure to exist in these initial stages, and we ask that you report them as you encounter them so our team can address these issues as swiftly as possible. While we will do our best to preserve any data you create as the Beta progresses, that may not always be possible, so please be mindful of this as you explore.

Getting Started
Before you start your adventure, please take a few minutes to review the Campaign Theater Primer, which provides a basic overview of all the new features and the many more yet to come.
  • Note: Demo access to Campaign Theater is not yet available, but we plan on making that available in the future.

There are so many new features and changes that are part of Campaign Theater that I'm not even going to attempt to include them all here. The items below are only changes to the parts of the app you're already familiar with. -Joe

Client Changes and Improvements
  • Removes the old, dark, default app theme only seen when logging in before selecting a game system and replaces it with the Fantasy theme seen in the PF2 game system
  • Changes the universal app icon for item menus from the gear icon to an ellipsis icon. This should reduce visual noise, as well be more familiar coming from other applications and platforms.
  • Adds a warning message on character load when a character needs to be fixed up before it can be loaded
Client Bug Fixes
  • SF - Fixes an error occurring when attempting to move a weapon fusion in Starfinder
  • Factions and Boons can no longer be selected my mistake on minions. They should be selected on the master character instead.
  • Fixes an issue where the loading window text would not be the proper color at first

Last edited by Joe; January 21st, 2020 at 12:48 PM.
Joe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old January 21st, 2020, 12:13 PM
woooooohooooooooo! : D
dacoobob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old January 21st, 2020, 12:51 PM
"A copy of the character will also remain within the campaign for potential use as an NPC, at the GMs desecration."

I think you mean 'discretion' there, as much as some players might prefer the current word...

I also see one big complication here: the system always and automatically uses your username and publicly displays it to all people connected to a campaign, and usernames can't be changed. This is probably fine for in-person play, but it makes it less than useful for online play, because it can't be used in any semi-anonymous context without potentially exposing personal info.

Last edited by Roadie; January 21st, 2020 at 12:54 PM.
Roadie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 21st, 2020, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
"A copy of the character will also remain within the
I also see one big complication here: the system always and automatically uses your username and publicly displays it to all people connected to a campaign, and usernames can't be changed. This is probably fine for in-person play, but it makes it less than useful for online play, because it can't be used in any semi-anonymous context without potentially exposing personal info.
We've got that on our todo list for the future. We're hoping that for the beta, everyone can be friendly and play nice.
Joe is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 21st, 2020, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
"A copy of the character will also remain within the campaign for potential use as an NPC, at the GMs desecration."

I think you mean 'discretion' there, as much as some players might prefer the current word...
Haha!

It should be fixed now!

Last edited by Joe; January 21st, 2020 at 03:30 PM.
BJ is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 21st, 2020, 04:03 PM
2020-01-21 Hotfix: Build 8602A49

Client Bug Fixes
  • SR6 - Fixes an error when adding a new cast member to a scene script
  • SR6 - Fixed a few errors/missing data on the Play tab
  • Fixes initiatives still showing after starting tactical mode on the stage
  • Fixes the Stage not having a tab selected initially on devices that had previously saved local settings
  • Fixes characters on stage that are expanded not starting with a tab selected. They now default to selecting the first tab
  • Updated the wording of the Campaign Theater beta message
Joe is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old January 21st, 2020, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
We've got that on our todo list for the future. We're hoping that for the beta, everyone can be friendly and play nice.
My personal recommendation for a future version would be to explicitly require a nickname when creating or joining a campaign (pre-filled with a global nickname setting, which defaults to the username, so users who don't care at all can just click through on the same screen), which a user can then change at any time for themselves in the preferences for a given campaign.

This covers the privacy use case, and also covers utility purposes for name changes like Discord has, where it's pretty common to see a game group use names like "Jim (GM)" or "Bob (Darkbad Murderkill)" so it's always obvious at a glance who's playing who regardless of context.

Last edited by Roadie; January 21st, 2020 at 05:06 PM.
Roadie is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AnthonyKJ

Old January 21st, 2020, 07:37 PM
Are all players going to need to purchase HLO to be able to make use of this campaign theatre?
AnthonyKJ is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 22nd, 2020, 06:43 AM
We are working on a group license that will make party play easier.
BJ is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old January 22nd, 2020, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
We are working on a group license that will make party play easier.
Hopefully it will be soon. I have been working with my players to create their characters on my account and giving them the PDF to use. That way they benefit from all the add-ons. Until most can log in with their own accounts (some still have demo accounts) then we can't make use of this.
Shadowfoot is offline   #10 Reply With Quote