Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

keeper0

Old September 7th, 2020, 07:42 AM
My Summoner's eidolon has a single Slam attack in order to get the big strength bonus.

When I apply Haste as an adjustment to it, HeroLab doesn't show two attacks for the Slam.

Everything I read online seems to imply that Natural Attacks get hasted too, but I trust HeroLab to know the rules better than me. Is there some reason that eidolon Primary Attacks don't show up as hasted?
keeper0 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old September 8th, 2020, 11:13 AM
Probably because with natural attacks there are typically multiple options to choose from and it doesnt know which of your primary attacks you want to choose for your haste attack.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 8th, 2020, 07:29 PM
I don't believe haste gives you extra attacks with natural attacks.
You get an extra weapon attack, when you take a full attack action with weapons.

It does get you a +1 haste bonus to attacks, with all your attacks.
It gets the increase in speed.
It gets a dodge bonus to AC.
Ualaa is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 8th, 2020, 11:19 PM
HASTE: When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with one natural or manufactured weapon. (p294, Core)
It should apply, but I'm with Minous - HL probably doesn't know what to add it to.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 9th, 2020, 04:32 PM
It looks like Haste, as it appears in HL only mentions weapon attacks. While Haste in the SRD mentions weapons or natural attacks.
Attached Images
File Type: png Haste in HL.PNG (28.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png Haste SRD.PNG (85.5 KB, 2 views)
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 9th, 2020, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
It looks like Haste, as it appears in HL only mentions weapon attacks. While Haste in the SRD mentions weapons or natural attacks.
It's different in different places too: the description in your list of spells/spellbook is the updated text, while the Spell Adjustment tooltip shows the older text.
Attached Images
File Type: png Haste in Spell List.png (47.0 KB, 4 views)

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
keeper0

Old September 10th, 2020, 06:00 AM
Thank you, all! I appreciate you taking the time to think about this issue.

It does seem like Minious has it correct. The eidolon's natural "unarmed attack" shows the potential to be hasted, but the slam attack doesn't. Since many eidolon's have mulitiple attack types, HeroLab would have needed to add a pull down menu to Haste. It is probably in a "to-do" list waaaay down near the bottom.

My party relies on our claymation buddy to slam things. Not being hasted would have been painful, but I didn't want to cheat.
keeper0 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote