Old August 9th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Sorry about that! Got it fixed.
Awesome, thanks!
spyker_katarn is offline   #651 Reply With Quote
spyker_katarn

Old August 11th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Back with another report of what seems to be a bug in item interaction: Bracers of Armor only seem to work if their bonus is greater than what the worn armor is.

Example:
If I am wearing Hide Armor (+3), only a Bracers of Armor +4 or higher seems to apply its bonus, and even then it's only +1 above my existing AC. Bracers +5 only adds 2, +6 adds 3, etc. This is reproducible on multiple characters.
spyker_katarn is offline   #652 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 11th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker_katarn View Post
Back with another report of what seems to be a bug in item interaction: Bracers of Armor only seem to work if their bonus is greater than what the worn armor is.

Example:
If I am wearing Hide Armor (+3), only a Bracers of Armor +4 or higher seems to apply its bonus, and even then it's only +1 above my existing AC. Bracers +5 only adds 2, +6 adds 3, etc. This is reproducible on multiple characters.
That's not a bug. The Bracers give an 'armor' bonus which of course does not stack with the armor bonus from actual armor - so only the item with the highest bonus will count.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #653 Reply With Quote
spyker_katarn

Old August 15th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
That's not a bug. The Bracers give an 'armor' bonus which of course does not stack with the armor bonus from actual armor - so only the item with the highest bonus will count.
Ah, I see. It's not super clear from the description, but that makes sense. Thanks!
spyker_katarn is offline   #654 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 15th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Ah, I see. It's not super clear from the description, but that makes sense. Thanks!
Check out the global "Stacking bonuses" section of the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
In most cases, modifiers to a given check or roll stack (combine for a cumulative effect) if they come from different sources and have different types (or no type at all), but do not stack if they have the same type or come from the same source (such as the same spell cast twice in succession). If the modifiers to a particular roll do not stack, only the best bonus and worst penalty applies. Dodge bonuses and circumstance bonuses however, do stack with one another unless otherwise specified.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #655 Reply With Quote
spyker_katarn

Old August 15th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Check out the global "Stacking bonuses" section of the rules.
I think my confusion stemmed from this part of the description of the item:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data Files
They surround the wearer with an invisible but intangible field of force, granting him an armor bonus of +1 to +8, just as though he were wearing armor.
The description makes it seem as though it is +AC (force) instead of +AC (untyped). Again, I get the difference now that I've been provided with some information. I'm still navigating the intricacies of 3.5e; my games previously were 4e and 5e, but my current GM is a "3.5e is the only edition worth playing" type of GM. Thanks again for all the help (and I'm looking forward to the upcoming TOB and Dungeonscape updates to the community set, since those will only help!).
spyker_katarn is offline   #656 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 15th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Quote:
The description makes it seem as though it is +AC (force) instead of +AC (untyped). Again, I get the difference now that I've been provided with some information. I'm still navigating the intricacies of 3.5e; my games previously were 4e and 5e, but my current GM is a "3.5e is the only edition worth playing" type of GM. Thanks again for all the help (and I'm looking forward to the upcoming TOB and Dungeonscape updates to the community set, since those will only help!).
Ahhh I see. Wasn't trying to be mean just mentioning the section on bonuses. I assumed you where totally new to D&D games. Sorry!

3.5 has allot more "gotcha" and corner cases than 4e/5e will have.

So I guess adding that the "effect" for Bracers of Armor is a 'Force' effect so its useful vs incorporeal touch attacks would just add more fun! Especially as your "normal" armor bonus would not be included on your touch attack but your bracers of armor bonus "would" get included vs incorporeal touch attacks.

Just an FYI it can be useful to wear Bracers of Armor if you plan to fight some undead.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #657 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old August 16th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Just to know, it isn't neither +AC (Force), nor +AC (untyped). It is +AC (Armor), that is itself one of the most confusing bonus types on 3rd edition. As a rule of thumb, HL is working fine, but it is worth to remember that incorporeal Touch Attacks meant to not be Touch if they were not Incorporeal will behave weirdly (because they can't actually ignore the Bracers, as said above).

I have a little issue to add here. The Collision enchantment that adds +5 directly to final damage should be added in the sheet, but it isn't. It is working only in description, like the more circumstantial or dice-based enchantments. By the rules it should be added and affected as other direct bonuses, like Weapon Specialization, since it can be doubled by Critical and similar effects, as it isn't a dice-based bonus to damage.
Monteparnas is offline   #658 Reply With Quote
LoneWolf6155

Old August 24th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Just found a few problems. After theurgeing with a warlock and going into hellfire warlock, invocations disappear from the warlock tab. Sublime Chord's spells per day is messed up. That's all I can think of for now.
LoneWolf6155 is offline   #659 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 25th, 2017, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf6155 View Post
Just found a few problems. After theurgeing with a warlock and going into hellfire warlock, invocations disappear from the warlock tab. Sublime Chord's spells per day is messed up. That's all I can think of for now.
Thanks. The Sublime Chord has already been fixed for the next release.

As for the warlock, I'll need more information. I'm not sure what you mean. Can you provide the portfolio or provide instructions to reproduce this issue?
Sendric is offline   #660 Reply With Quote