Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bloodwolf

Old January 20th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Will it be a problem that the damage changes as the Warlock level goes up?
Bloodwolf is offline   #181 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 21st, 2014, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Only in the sense that it'll take a little longer to make than normal, I think. I should be able to come up with a way to deal with that.
Sendric is offline   #182 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old January 22nd, 2014, 03:21 PM
Cool. Thanks.

So far I've found two multi-classes that work amazingly together. Rogue/Warlock and Psychic Warrior/Psion. In both cases if you use the second class as an augmented for the first it creates a stronger version of the first. So those have kind of become my faves. I think a Rogue/Lurk would also work out great but haven't sat down and done the math.
Bloodwolf is offline   #183 Reply With Quote
dari010779

Old January 26th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
At the moment, no, but I can add it to the list of requests.
If you can add it in your list, I will be really happy. Thanks
dari010779 is offline   #184 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 31st, 2014, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Ok, so it appears I've hit a snag. There's no way that I can see to set damage to a weapon at 5d6, 7d6, or 9d6. With that being the case, I don't see a way to implement this fully without help from LW. Sorry.
Sendric is offline   #185 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 31st, 2014, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Ok, so it appears I've hit a snag. There's no way that I can see to set damage to a weapon at 5d6, 7d6, or 9d6. With that being the case, I don't see a way to implement this fully without help from LW. Sorry.
Sendric,

I think the "fix" for this is to add new damage tags. I'm not entirely sure but I believe this might be doable with the configuration file if it is created by hand. I'd ask Mathias or Aaron about it to see for sure though.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #186 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 31st, 2014, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Sendric,

I think the "fix" for this is to add new damage tags. I'm not entirely sure but I believe this might be doable with the configuration file if it is created by hand. I'd ask Mathias or Aaron about it to see for sure though.
Yea, I have no idea how to do that. If it's possible to create our own wMain tags, that would be pretty great. Of course, the current tag structure still confuses me so I would need to be walked through that a bit to understand what I was even doing.
Sendric is offline   #187 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 31st, 2014, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Yea, I have no idea how to do that. If it's possible to create our own wMain tags, that would be pretty great. Of course, the current tag structure still confuses me so I would need to be walked through that a bit to understand what I was even doing.
Have you ever read the authoring kit wiki at all? That helped me learn a lot more about hero lab once I popped the hood open and looked under it.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #188 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 31st, 2014, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Have you ever read the authoring kit wiki at all? That helped me learn a lot more about hero lab once I popped the hood open and looked under it.
No. Reading instruction manuals (or the ilk) isn't my strong suit. Maybe I'll take a gander next week.
Sendric is offline   #189 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 3rd, 2014, 07:38 AM
Ok, for now, I'm sort of including it in the release, though its not fully functional. Those who want it, will need to do a small amount of editing. In the editor, open the file "3.5 - Complete Arcane.use". Go to tab "Special" and find Eldritch Blast. Add "wEldBlast" as a bootstrap, and either remove the first line of the second script or put a ~ in front of it (the line reads "done". Save and compile. This will give you the weapon with appropriate damage at all levels except those with 5d6, 7d6, and 9d6. At those levels, the damage will be blank.

Edit: Ignore all that. Thanks to ShadowChemosh for pointing out the free-form text field where I can enter any damage dice I want. This weapon is now fully implemented.

Last edited by Sendric; February 3rd, 2014 at 10:39 AM.
Sendric is offline   #190 Reply With Quote