• Please note: In an effort to ensure that all of our users feel welcome on our forums, we’ve updated our forum rules. You can review the updated rules here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=5528.

If a fellow Community member is not following the forum rules, please report the post by clicking the Report button (the red yield sign on the left) located on every post. This will notify the moderators directly. If you have any questions about these new rules, please contact support@wolflair.com.

- The Lone Wolf Development Team

Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set

Does anyone know why I have a "Dragonborn, Sword Scale" race, supposedly from Races of the Dragon? It's not in that book in the community set, and it doesn't look like a standard 3e race because it's got a -1 penalty to an ability score.

EDIT: Uninstalled and reinstalled the community set and stock portfolios and it seems to be gone.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why I have a "Dragonborn, Sword Scale" race, supposedly from Races of the Dragon? It's not in that book in the community set, and it doesn't look like a standard 3e race because it's got a -1 penalty to an ability score.

EDIT: Uninstalled and reinstalled the community set and stock portfolios and it seems to be gone.

The only thing that would make sense to me here is if one of your files was modified to add this race at some point since the last time you updated. The stock portfolios would have anything to do with it as far as I know.

One useful tool I like to use to locate things is Windows Grep. Might be worth checking out for situations like this.

Obtain Familiar is throwing an error.

Attempt to access field 'hIsOn1' that does not exist for thing 'cArcFamil'. Location: 'eval' script for Think 'fShadBlade' (Eval Script '#1') near line 10

I see "Dragonborn, Sword Scale" as being sourced to Races of the Dragon in the editor. +2 STR and -1 Wisdom but the 3.5 Races of the Dragon.user file does not contain that race. I am not sure where the actual data for that race is located.

I see "Dragonborn, Sword Scale" as being sourced to Races of the Dragon in the editor. +2 STR and -1 Wisdom but the 3.5 Races of the Dragon.user file does not contain that race. I am not sure where the actual data for that race is located.

Oh, I know where it came from. There's a file named "HomeMade.user" that snuck into a release a while back. I haven't been including it since, but I also can't zero it out (which would force delete the file) since I'm sure someone is using it. That's my fault on that. It's a relatively harmless file, though, so keep it if you want it, delete it if you don't.

Attempt to access field 'hIsOn1' that does not exist for thing 'cArcFamil'. Location: 'eval' script for Think 'fShadBlade' (Eval Script '#1') near line 10

That doesn't make any sense. Can you provide a portfolio that shows this error?

That doesn't make any sense. Can you provide a portfolio that shows this error?

Update #1: NVM. I see the error.

Update #2: The error is in the Shadow Blade feat. I'll fix it for the next release. (for now, you can change the first line of code in the script to: "foreach pick in hero from BaseCustSp where "SpecSource.ShaHnd & !Helper.Secondary"")

Last edited:
***PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE***
***I meant to post in another thread***
***This was NOT a bug report***
***PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE***

Last edited:
Dark Sun - Athas.org Elf, Athasian typo in decription field Natural resistance to extreme temperature natural has two n's.

I had not run my laptop with HL on it for a while and today when I started it up it needed an update. Ran the update and restarted the laptop and now it will not retrieve updates for HL. Not sure how to fix this.

I had not run my laptop with HL on it for a while and today when I started it up it needed an update. Ran the update and restarted the laptop and now it will not retrieve updates for HL. Not sure how to fix this.

You would be better off posting in the Hero Lab Discussion forum, or perhaps simply sending an email to support.
In any case, was the update for HL? When you restarted HL did you get any error messages?

The Shadowcaster (for some reason) is giving extra mysteries known with high Charisma when the Mouseferatu update is active. I don't know why this is as it isn't mentioned in the update. The extra uses per day is already attached to the mysteries themselves

Hello all!
Was the Tibbit (catwere) race from Dragon Compendium (pg. 21) ever added? Or am I looking in the wrong place/ lacking an update/ etcetra?

The matrix in hero lab starts at 0 for level 1 and ends at 19 for level 20. It is confusing but how all the classes seem to work.

Back