Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Obeliske

Old February 27th, 2020, 06:26 PM
So I'm playing in a friends game and I got a +1 darkwood buckler so I need to add one to my sheet but when I open create a magic item there's no + beside the item I'm trying to create and apparently darkwood as a modifier doesn't realize that the buckler I'm trying to make is made from wood as it keeps telling me the item has to be made from wood...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Obeliske is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 27th, 2020, 08:59 PM
This should be posted in the Forum for the game you are playing - which sounds like either d20 3.5 or Pathfinder.
On the armor tab, click on "New Magic, Custom or MW armor", and then "Custom / Magic armor". (Don't pick the Darkwood Buckler on the list, you can't make it magical) Select a buckler, make it +1 and select Darkwood as a material. Ignore the red error message. (Buckler by rules are metal)

The other way to make this (with no error messages) is to use the editor. Make a "New (Copy)" of the existing darkwood buckler, make it +1 and give it a new name and ID. Save the user file.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote