Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Jamz

Old October 22nd, 2019, 05:25 PM
OK, not sure if this is intentional or not but shouldn't statblocks notate TEML for skills???

I've noticed that the normal Bestiary statblocks by Paizo don't have them and I suppose I can live with that but HLO is not putting that info in PC statblocks which is sort of important for the game... Is this intential or should we open a bug report?

Does anyone know what GM's do for NPC/Creature skills? Do we just ignore TEML for skill checks? Wing it? Am I missing something?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old October 22nd, 2019, 06:16 PM
The Bestiary notes that any skills explicitly listed in the statblock are Trained or better, which is all you need for general use.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2019, 07:18 AM
Bestiary pg. 7, in the "Skills, Perception, and Proficiency" section are the rules you're looking for, but they're only guidelines as to approximately when a monster crosses from trained to expert, not solid rules, so it's always GM's judgement as to whether a monster qualifies to do something like detect a hazard.

For PC statblocks, where are the example statblocks we can work from, as to what a PC statblock is supposed to look like, and how it's supposed to differ from an NPC statblock?
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old October 23rd, 2019, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the NPC info, i dislike how they handled that but not your fault!

I don't think Paizo has any PC statblocks out, iconics are all PC sheets... so you would be on your own I guess. I understand you are probably trying to use the same logic for NPC vs PC (although we can already see PC's get special treatment and would argue there own statblock notations)

I really need a json or API access to get those details but for now I have to rely on statblock for input into our VTT (MapTool).

I'm currently able to walk it backwards by taking bonus - level - ability mod and figure out TEML from that. It works as long as there are no "Conditions" on them...

But we also use them to post to Discord and such for quick reference, so a Acrobatics +7 (T), Stealth +11 (E) would be nice?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote