Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Godbahamut

Old December 30th, 2012, 01:24 AM
So far I've managed to successfully create a hybrid yuan-ti and panetouched, aasimar templates that are fully functional. I've also created the dragoon class from DnD wiki homebrew top down, it works. I seem to get stuck here in magical items land because I copied boots of speed renamed them to mithril plated greaves of speed and attempted to attach the eval script from braces of armor +1. Saves and tests okay but the AC bonus does not reflect when equipped onto the character. I've been combing the forums for some insight but being brand new to the forums this is my "Hi all" statement and either I've got a serious brain fart occurring or I have a real problem. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Godbahamut is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
Can you post the script and the timing you are using to increase the armor?
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:50 PM
Bracers of Armor apply an Armor bonus to AC, I suspect your character may already be equipping armor, in which case the bonus from the greaves and your normal armor wouldn't stack.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Godbahamut

Old January 6th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Okay,

I see your point Aaron. Sendric just for the fyi here's the code and settings on the bracers (note this was all downloaded as a megapak user library from cheeseweasel, probably the same paks as one might download from any other site.)

Phase: prelevels
Priority: 1000
Index: 1

if (field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
#enhancementbonus[hero.child[cDwDAC1], 1]
endif

Now back to you Aaron. So now then my question becomes what am I missing to get it to stack? Or am I just addressing the wrong codelines entirely?
Godbahamut is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 7th, 2013, 03:28 AM
#enhancementbonus is a macro function that only takes the best of an AC value. Instead, you want to add it directly (and therefore, you don't take the best AC value, but just add it in).

hero.child[cDwDAC1].field[BonEnhance].value += 1
endif
Kendall-DM is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 7th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
#enhancementbonus is a macro function that only takes the best of an AC value. Instead, you want to add it directly (and therefore, you don't take the best AC value, but just add it in).

hero.child[cDwDAC1].field[BonEnhance].value += 1
endif
The only problem with this is that it will only work for Dwarven Defenders. The ability in question (cDwDAC1) provides a dodge bonus so to make it work for anyone (and not produce an error for non-Dwarven Defenders), I would try:

Code:
  hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDodge].value += 1
endif
This should stack with other dodge bonuses.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Godbahamut

Old January 7th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks a bunch , now it's working like a champ. I also see why it would configure better as a dodge bonus AC boost. Now if I could get the item tag for psionic powers so I can adjust the total number of powers known...
Godbahamut is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 7th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
The only problem with this is that it will only work for Dwarven Defenders.
Yeah, I didn't know what that was, I assumed it was a community replacement for Armor Class. My bad.
Kendall-DM is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 8th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Yeah, I didn't know what that was, I assumed it was a community replacement for Armor Class. My bad.
In fairness, I stumbled upon this completely by accident while messing around with the code. I didn't know what it was either, but when I did find out, putting the code together became much easier.
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 8th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbahamut View Post
Thanks a bunch , now it's working like a champ. I also see why it would configure better as a dodge bonus AC boost. Now if I could get the item tag for psionic powers so I can adjust the total number of powers known...
You know, if you have a question, you can just ask.

Adjusting total powers known can be a bit tricky. First thing you need to do is figure out where the number is held. As an example, I created a portfolio, and added one level of Ardent. Then I went to the Develop menu, chose 'Floating Info Windows' and 'Show Selection Fields'. From the menu I chose 'Ardent (cHelpArd)'.

If you scroll down this list, you will come upon an array field called 'cPsiPowTot'. This array contains the info for how many powers the Ardent knows at each level. Let's say we want to adjust 5th level powers known up by 3. The code would look something like this:

Code:
Final Phase 10000

hero.child[cHelpArd].field[cPsiPowTot].arrayvalue[4] += 3
You'll notice I selected arrayvalue 4 to adjust the 5th level powers. This is because LW likes to confuse us by starting the array at 0 to represent level 1.

Anyway, that's an example of how to adjust powers known. I'll let you take it from here.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested this, but it is based off code that works for the Duskblade.

Last edited by Sendric; January 8th, 2013 at 06:01 AM.
Sendric is offline   #10 Reply With Quote