Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Chemlak

Old September 1st, 2018, 02:17 AM
Rob, I’ll wait as many years as you need for you to deliver RW in all its glory as long as you remain as fit and healthy as you can while doing so.

Do NOT harm your recovery for this.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old September 1st, 2018, 02:44 PM
Thank you, Rob.

I'm sorry that part of the fallout has been making your medical issues more public than I'm sure you were expecting or hoping.

Thank you for the information and the assurance that things are looking up.
MaxSupernova is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old September 2nd, 2018, 02:16 AM
Thank you for the info and assurance, Rob.

I wish you a speedy and full recovery, but take all the time and all the breaks you need.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old September 2nd, 2018, 08:10 AM
Good health to you. Take the time that is needed. But please, monthly updates on the KS page regardless of how much progress has been made each month. Believe it or not, we're a compassionate, very patient, supportive, passionate, smart group of people. If you keep us informed, we'll support you even though we may be frustrated, angry and annoyed. But stop abusing us. It does a disservice to you and the community.

Besides, the fact of the matter is that Pathfinder is dead, so the KS rewards are a lot less useful than they would have been if release projections had been met. I stopped posting here regularly when I realized that the only two things that drove my decision to buy a lifetime sub to RW -- Razor Coast and The Blight -- are next to useless to me.

Regular communication on KS is what I would like to see transpire with the hopes that after KS fulfillment, it's part of LWD's commitment to excellence and communication continues. Pick your main method of communication and make sure that every message is posted there. We don't want to go to Twitter, Facebook, G+, Discord, the forums or where ever else to piece together info. If you don't have staff to support multiple social media outlets, pick the one with greatest impact and stop posting to the others down so you have KS and that one.
AEIOU is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:04 AM
I would not say PF1 is dead. There is an enormous amount of material available and I seriously doubt Paizo and the other companies will stop selling the PDF's any time soon. Anyone playing PF1 can certainly continue to play it from now till they stop making computers with PDF readers.

PF2 looks to be a disaster to make 4e look like a success so we may well see a PF3 that is more or less a real successor to PF1 sooner than Paizo expects. So we may just need to be patient for a couple of years as well.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old September 2nd, 2018, 10:37 AM
Yep, PF1 is the end of the line for me - I won't be picking up any future d20 fantasy game systems. And Razor Coast is very much not useless to me! I've just started running a campaign in that setting and the RW package for it will be incredibly useful to me for years to come.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old September 2nd, 2018, 10:39 AM
OD&D isn't dead either if you mean there are people playing. Indeed, I'm one of them. PF isn't going away, but for all intents and purposes as a platform, it isn't going to get anywhere near the level of support it has enjoyed, has been bleeding both players and sales to 5e at a prodigious rate, and will become fan-supported over time to keep it going as Paizo focuses marketing effort towards its new shiny.

I've watched 3rd party vendors dumping stock like crazy. FGG sells it by the pound at cons so they can clear whatever stock they have left. And if you look at online platforms to get a sense of play or Amazon for a sense of popularity, PF isn't close to 5e. No they aren't perfect metrics, but they are useful for understanding the gaming market.

If LWD was/is betting on a big influx of PF money, they missed that boat. And Paizo missed a huge opportunity to stem off the 5e tidal wave. 20/20 hindsight.... The boat steered too slowly.
AEIOU is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old September 2nd, 2018, 11:22 AM
Rob, I wish you a good recovery and hope that you don't overload yourself with work. Keep an eye on the clock

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old September 2nd, 2018, 11:27 AM
I haven't played 5e, but I'm guessing that its growth in popularity has been due to a back-to-basics approach, whereas with PF1, people are suffering from crunch fatigue. I know nothing about PF2.

That's just my guess, though.
EightBitz is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 2nd, 2018, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I haven't played 5e, but I'm guessing that its growth in popularity has been due to a back-to-basics approach,
5e definitely benefited from the back to basics thing as well as the nameplate. I'm sure even 4e had sales throughout its run from people entering the TT RPG hobby.

When a new player walks into a game store looking for an organized play group they are far more likely to join DDAL simply because they know the name rather than PFS. Which is what is killing PFS and leading to the death of PF overall. Back in the days of 4e DDAL was not a factor there were no groups, at least not anywhere I heard about, so all the new players got funneled into PFS.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #30 Reply With Quote