Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

THX472

Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:51 AM
I've created a new racial ability and I'm trying to set it up so it only appears when a character reaches a minimum rank. Specifically, I don't want the ability to appear until the character is at least Seasoned.
What I've done so far is create the ability, and I've added it using a Bootstrap to the Race. I think I need to use a Condition on the Bootstrap entry, but I'm not sure how to code the Tag Expression.

Am I approaching that correctly? If so, how should I code the Tag Expression?
THX472 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
THX472

Old August 29th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Anyone have any ideas? Did I post to the wrong forum?
THX472 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 31st, 2010, 10:54 PM
You're on the right track here. The character's rank is maintained within the "acRank" field on the hero. So you would need to check that field value within the Condition test on the bootstrap. The problem is that there is no way to accomplish that via a tag expression. The tag expression applies itself to the race that bootstraps the ability, and the race doesn't have the appropriate info. The hero can be accessed via the tag expression, but only when testing tags - not field values. So there is currently no way to solve this. :-(

I just added to the todo list assigning the rank to the character as a tag - in addition to the field value. Then the tag expression can be used for what you want. I'll try to get an update to the SW data files out before the weekend. <fingers crossed>
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Praetor

Old September 1st, 2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
You're on the right track here. The character's rank is maintained within the "acRank" field on the hero. So you would need to check that field value within the Condition test on the bootstrap. The problem is that there is no way to accomplish that via a tag expression. The tag expression applies itself to the race that bootstraps the ability, and the race doesn't have the appropriate info. The hero can be accessed via the tag expression, but only when testing tags - not field values. So there is currently no way to solve this. :-(

I just added to the todo list assigning the rank to the character as a tag - in addition to the field value. Then the tag expression can be used for what you want. I'll try to get an update to the SW data files out before the weekend. <fingers crossed>

Since you are mentioning a possible update I tought I'd bring to your attention a couple things. first is nit picky.
1) SW calls the Edge for healing Fast Healer, HL calls it Quick Healer.

2) Habit It's my interpretation that the minor form of habit imposses the -1 to charisma, while the maor form does not impose a penalty on charisma, but has all the withdrawal complications.

Currently HL imposes a -1 to both minor and major. This looks like someone left and "Else" out of the evaluation script shown below.

if (field[hinMajor].value = 0) then
perform #traitadjust[trCharisma,-,1,"Habit"]
endif
Praetor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
THX472

Old September 1st, 2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks for answering Rob
THX472 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Praetor

Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:01 AM
Poverty does not reduce the starting cash. It should half it.
Praetor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote