Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Fenris447
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 272

Old March 4th, 2020, 11:40 AM
Just so y'all are aware... most of the Class Feature Variants are super-doable. I have nearly everything for the Bard, Barbarian, and Ranger done (not including the new Beast option...yet).

Once they get added, the first step will be to enable the source in your Configure Hero screen. Then you'll need to go to adjustments and add the "Class Feature Variants - ______" for your class. That'll open up a new tab. From there, you can select which variant features you want. Any original class features that are replaced by your choices will be disabled and greyed out in your Class tab.

If someone wants to help without having to do any coding, we could really use people re-writing text. We can't copy and paste ability descriptions word for word. They need to be rephrased and have all fluff stripped out, to respect WotC's copyrights. If someone can start putting those descriptions together for this UA and get me the file, we can have this ready for the next Community Pack release.

Speaking of the next release, I'm targeting somewhere end of March, early April. Unfortunately, we don't have a good idea what Wildemount is going to contain. Without UA for its contents, there's no way to start working on it beforehand. But if it has player options (class, race, feat, etc.) that are relatively easy to implement, I'll be trying to get them put together for that next release.

One more thing; the Theros book coming in early June is confirmed to have the College of Eloquence Bard and the Oath of Heroism Paladin. While I anticipate some tweaks in the final versions, I'm going to get the UA versions created soon.

"Ooooooooh, he's tryin'!"
Fenris447 is offline   #791 Reply With Quote
rogue188
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5

Old March 6th, 2020, 09:32 AM
Hi there, not sure if I should post this here, but I am getting an error message from the Community Pack info that says "Critical information not found in data files: Source Home Conversions." I have added Ambush Drakes to an encounter.

Am I doing something wrong, or don't have something activated properly?
rogue188 is offline   #792 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 101

Old March 6th, 2020, 09:40 PM
I have an issue. i recently had to reactivate my HL license onto a different computer and when i compiled the data files for DND 5e, nothing showed up, no UA...nothing at all. i even tried getting rid of the data for it entirely and redownloading it but nothing is showing up and when i try to update it, it doesn't do anything. can someone help me get my data back?
TaylorBland is offline   #793 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 101

Old March 6th, 2020, 09:44 PM
Never mind. forgot to redownload the community pack in the updates section. i had a derp moment.....
TaylorBland is offline   #794 Reply With Quote
Fenris447
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 272

Old March 7th, 2020, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue188 View Post
Hi there, not sure if I should post this here, but I am getting an error message from the Community Pack info that says "Critical information not found in data files: Source Home Conversions." I have added Ambush Drakes to an encounter.

Am I doing something wrong, or don't have something activated properly?
Can you post the full text of the error? A screenshot would be even better.

"Ooooooooh, he's tryin'!"
Fenris447 is offline   #795 Reply With Quote
Venger
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 93

Old March 9th, 2020, 05:36 AM
Just wow as I start realizing the scope of the community pack
So much work
Respects
Venger is offline   #796 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 576

Old March 9th, 2020, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
Can you post the full text of the error? A screenshot would be even better.
I think this is an issue with the COM_5ePack_HotDQ_Stock_File.stock file only.

What I see happening is that someone recreated or saved an updated ambush drake and/or azbara jos into the community file at some point and they left their personal default preference/source files checked on when they uploaded it to the community.

It doesn't stop the critter from loading, so it's an annoyance warning message.

A workaround for anyone experiencing this would be to open the above file, choose the option Portfolio -> Strip Missing Sources and then save the file. The message should go away.

Someone in the community would need to do the same and upload the file for the next release.
dungeonguru is offline   #797 Reply With Quote
Fenris447
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 272

Old March 9th, 2020, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
I think this is an issue with the COM_5ePack_HotDQ_Stock_File.stock file only.

What I see happening is that someone recreated or saved an updated ambush drake and/or azbara jos into the community file at some point and they left their personal default preference/source files checked on when they uploaded it to the community.

It doesn't stop the critter from loading, so it's an annoyance warning message.

A workaround for anyone experiencing this would be to open the above file, choose the option Portfolio -> Strip Missing Sources and then save the file. The message should go away.

Someone in the community would need to do the same and upload the file for the next release.
I can't recreate the issue. Looking in the Configure Hero screens of both monsters, there's nothing selected that isn't part of the Community Pack as far as I can tell. Someone else might need to do the stripping.

"Ooooooooh, he's tryin'!"
Fenris447 is offline   #798 Reply With Quote
Krystal_vixine
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 21

Old March 14th, 2020, 05:32 PM
Where can I download the files from?
Krystal_vixine is offline   #799 Reply With Quote
charlieluce
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,164

Old March 14th, 2020, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal_vixine View Post
Where can I download the files from?
The setup information is linked in the first post of the thread; this PDF has the setup instructions for the various Community Packs.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing: D&D 4e,
Pathfinder First Edition
Former Games: D&D 5e, Mutants & Masterminds (2E & 3E), Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #800 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.