Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Zorikune

Old December 10th, 2018, 04:02 AM
Hello everyone, its been a long time since I've been on the forums, but been looking for some help on the class and feat for the Shadowcaster.

Now been trying to figure out why the magic levels granted to Shadowcaster by classes such as Arcane Trickster and Noctumancer are not allowing the Shadowcaster to select more mysteries.

Right now the build I've using for the character is Shadowcaster 5 / Avenger 3 / Noctumancer 2 / Arcane Trickster 10 (Progressing Shadowcaster), and its stuck at just the 5 mysteries I have been able to select for it.

The last time I used Hero's Lab the Shadowcaster had this specific code in the eval script, which allowed it to pick more mysteries from the magic levels, but for some reason the tab for shadowcaster remained red.

Code:
field[cGiveSpec].value = field[cMagicLev].value
Then the Shadow Familiar feat is bugged. Assassin, Avenger, Bard, Beguiler, Dragonfire Adept, Dragon Devotee, Duskblade, Spellthief, Warmage, and Wu Jen will not stack with the Shadowcaster using this feat. Only Sorcerer and Wizard will work.

So I was wondering if there was a fix to these so they would function properly in the program. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Zorikune; December 10th, 2018 at 06:12 AM.
Zorikune is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 10th, 2018, 05:20 AM
There is a known issue with the Shadowcaster that I need to address. Just haven't had the time.

I will add the Shadow Familiar feat issue to the list as well.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old December 10th, 2018, 06:04 AM
Thank you so much! Looking forward to the fixes when you have the time.
Zorikune is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 17th, 2019, 06:38 AM
Adding an updated user file to address these issues. If you have a chance, please test it out and let me know if it's working properly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 3.5 - Tome of Magic.zip (196.2 KB, 1 views)
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old January 18th, 2019, 05:25 PM
So after testing the update to the Tome of Magic, I find that the Shadowcaster tab goes red if the Shadowcaster has any mysteries or fundamentals taken. Only when the Shadowcaster has no mysteries or fundamentals does the tab go back to normal.

As for the Shadow Familiar feat, it is still only counting wizard and sorcerer levels and no other arcane classes.

Last edited by Zorikune; January 18th, 2019 at 05:28 PM.
Zorikune is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 19th, 2019, 05:21 AM
Thanks. Zorikune. Can you attach your portfolio so I can more easily debug this? I'll be away next week but after that I should be able to nail this down.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old January 19th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Here you go! Looking forward to it!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tyr Longfang.zip (53.4 KB, 1 views)
Zorikune is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old January 20th, 2019, 04:44 PM
Unfortunately, according to ToM page 117, shadowcasters dont gain more mysteries as they enter prestige classes. Only fundamentals and increased power for known mysteries.
Illyahr is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old January 21st, 2019, 08:14 AM
Actually on page 117 of the Tome of Magic, you do gain more mysteries when advancing in certain prestige classes.

Quote:
When advancing in a prestige class that states "+1 level of existing spellcasting class" or "+1 level of existing casting class," a mystery user adds those levels to his mystery-casting class for purposes of gaining new mysteries or fundamentals. On the other hand, a mystery user does not benefit from prestige classes that only add levels to specific types of spellcasters. A prestige class that grants "+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class" or "+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class" does not increase the character's mysteries.
You do not however gain access to bonus feats for learning new paths or any other shadowcaster class features.

Quote:
PRESTIGE CLASS CASTING ADVANCEMENTS
When a shadowcaster gains new casting class levels from advancement within a prestige class, this includes the knowledge of new fundamentals, and the transformation of lower-level path mysteries into spell-like or supernatural abilities. It does not include gaining bonus feats for learning new paths or any other shadowcaster class features.
Zorikune is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old January 21st, 2019, 10:22 AM
You'd think they would add that first part with the second part. Where it says Prestige Class Casting Advancements.
Illyahr is offline   #10 Reply With Quote