Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sir.Nel

Old July 2nd, 2015, 12:00 PM
For long time I used DM Genie and I learned a little script to get by. I bought the hero lab for me to generating my own characters in a Pathfinder game I was playing. But I saw the benefits as the DM to use hero lab to generate NPCs, monsters, races, PCs and any item imaginable. And right away I started converting my game a Spelljammer campaign/Pathfinder (that's right that fantasy space campaign setting from the 90s) into the hero lab program and also purchase Realms Work and both of them work together very well. So I have a couple items that are custom from my campaign with no problem. I been trying make an item call the Stars Shield and it's a combination of Capt. America's shield in Marvel comics and Griffon Shield from Dungeons & Dragons Animated Series handbook. I'm a big fan of both Marvel comics and the animation series I came on Saturday morning.

Here are the stats from Dungeons & Dragons animation series handbook with a little alterations, for the Star Shield it's a +2 bashing and throwing heavy shield made out of living steel, but with the same weight as light steel shield. The Star Shield can be used offensively by making a Shield Bash attack with two hands for a the damage of is 2d6 +2, if wielded one-handed the Shield Bash attack damage is 1d8 +2. Keep in mind that the Star Shield all AC bonuses when making an attack in other words the Star Shield bestows Improves Shield Bashing feat for free.

In addition, as in immediate action(a free action unusable even on other people's turns ), wielder can use the Star Shield to create a 20 foot diameter sphere of force like that produced by the resilient sphere spell. The effect must be centered on the wielder of the shield, and any creature within the area except for the wielder must make a DC 16 Reflex save, or be pushed out to the nearest adjacent square, but if the creature makes it saving throw he will stay inside the sphere. The effect can be dismissed by the wielder as a standard action, but otherwise it lasts until the duration elapses. The wielder can use to Star Shield to activate the sphere of force for 5 rounds each day. Rounds to not have to be consecutive, but each activation always counts as at least one round.

I added this myself tried to give the flavor of Capt. America's shield. For full round action the Star Shield can be thrown, in a ricochet effect hitting more than one target, and then return to the attacker, three times a day. The way the ricochet effect works that when thrown the Star Shield hits the first target with normal attack modifiers, but receives a -4 for hitting the second target and a -8 hitting for the third target etc... All attacks must be within 30 feet from the first target and no target can be struck more than once. Any time the Star Shield misses its target it will return to wielder.

The first time the Star Shield misses its target it will ricochet and return to the wielder in the beginning of the next turn. Catching the Star Shield when it comes back is a free action. The wielder must make a Reflex save of DC 16 to see if he can catch the Shield. If the character can’t catch it, or if the character has moved since throwing it, the weapon drops to the ground in the square from which it was thrown.

I followed the procedure I saw in the YouTube video and the forum. When you select the armor in the hero's portfolio I select my magical item and it gives me a whole bunch errors.

Live state of gizmo 'mSpecMagic' is being tested before live state of parent pick 'iStarShed' is resolved
- - -
Live state of gizmo 'mSpecMagic' is being tested before live state of parent pick 'iStarShed' is resolved
- - -
Attempt to access field 'wMisfire' that does not exist for thing 'iStarShed'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseWep' (Eval Script 'Forward weapon details to parent') near line 212
- - -
Attempt to access field 'wMisRadius' that does not exist for thing 'iStarShed'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseWep' (Eval Script 'Forward weapon details to parent') near line 213
- - -
Attempt to access field 'wCapacity' that does not exist for thing 'iStarShed'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseWep' (Eval Script 'Forward weapon details to parent') near line 214
- - -
Attempt to access field 'wBonus' that does not exist for thing 'iStarShed'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseWep' (Eval Script 'Forward weapon details to parent') near line 217
- - -
Attempt to access field 'wBonus' that does not exist for thing 'iStarShed'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseWep' (Eval Script 'Forward weapon details to parent') near line 217
- - -
Attempt to access field 'wAttBonus' that does not exist for thing 'iStarShed'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseWep' (Eval Script 'Forward weapon details to parent') near line 219
- - -
Attempt to access field 'wAttBonus' that does not exist for thing 'iStarShed'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseWep' (Eval Script 'Forward weapon details to parent') near line 219
- - -
Attempt to access field 'wAttMelee' that does not exist for thing 'iStarShed'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseWep' (Eval Script 'Forward weapon details to parent') near line 220

I do not understand can you guys help me. I really don't want to go back to DM Genie and the only reason I say that is already have the Star Shield in that program and this is my last step to convert. If you guys can help me out I would really appreciate that, until next time my brothers and sisters keep gaming.
Attached Files
File Type: email 1 Spelljammer_Clusterspace - Weapons, Magic.user (8.1 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Sir.Nel; July 2nd, 2015 at 12:24 PM.
Sir.Nel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 2nd, 2015, 12:04 PM
If you attach the .user file it will make it a thousand times easier to help you...

Make a new post and scroll down to "attach files" section and then you can add the .user file.

To find the .user file start HL. Then go to "Tools->Explore->Game System Data Folder".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:04 PM
I'm checking over this now.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:31 PM
Alright, so the first thing I notice is that you've added the item powers to your gizmo, but you haven't selected the base item, so bootstrap shHvSteel in the gizmo, and that should resolve the errors being thrown. Still working up a script to handle some of the other things
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:50 PM
"same weight as light steel shield"
Set the weight of the item to whatever you like, it will override whatever weight of the base item you selected is.

"bestows Improves Shield Bashing feat for free"
Bootstrap the Improved shield bash feat to your shield, with a bootstrap condition of it being equipped. Also, give the feat the "thing.skipprereq" tag, so it doesn't complain about not meeting pre-requisites.

"The wielder can use to Star Shield to activate the sphere of force for 5 rounds each day. Rounds to not have to be consecutive, but each activation always counts as at least one round."
You've bootstrapped resilient sphere as an item spell usable 1/day, but I would recommend you instead set the trkMax field to 5, and switch the usage tag to "DayRound". You may also want to consider setting the livename slightly different, as a reminder that this sphere pushes other creatures away, what it's radius is, and that it is centered on the shield's user.

"For full round action the Star Shield can be thrown.... ricochets..."
This bit will have to remain text only, although you might want to include this information in the item's summary field, and have it be shown on the specials tab.

"does more damage when wielded 2 handed" and "can be thrown" and "enhancement bonus to attacks should be +2"
Following script should take care of these

Pre-Level 15000
Code:
      ~ find our shield bash within the gizmo and set the focus to it
      if (gizmo.haschild[BaseWep,"wCategory.ShieldBash"] <> 0) then
        perform gizmo.findchild[BaseWep,"wCategory.ShieldBash"].setfocus

~ If the focused weapon is equipped in both hands, then apply a +1 step damage bump
        if (focus.tagis[Hero.MainHand] + focus.tagis[Hero.OffHand] = 2) then
          perform focus.assign[Helper.DamageUp]
          endif

~ This is basically to do what the "Throwing" enchantment does, because we cannot auto add that to the gizmo of the weapon we have to do it ourselves.
        perform focus.assign[wRangeInc.10]
        perform focus.assign[wCategory.RangeThrow]

~ Bashing would give us a +1 enhancement bonus, but we want that to be +2
        #enhancementbonus[focus,2]
        endif
Hope that helps!

Last edited by Aaron; July 2nd, 2015 at 02:53 PM.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sir.Nel

Old July 3rd, 2015, 02:58 PM
I follow the steps you gave me and I still have a problem. Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong I don't know? Now let me tell you what I did step-by-step remove bullet
1. so I went into the gizmo and I made a bootstrap that linked the base item (shHvSteel)
2. I didn't understand you when you said “with a bootstrap condition of it being equipped. Also, give the feat the "thing.skipprereq" tag, so it doesn't complain about not meeting pre-requisites.” So I made a bootstrap of the improves shield bash feat to my shield. I also made the tag thing.skipprereq. But I do not understand how to make it equipped.
3. The third part was easy I follow your instructions to the T no problems now my shield in theory can be activated five rounds a day in separate rounds. But I haven't tested that I would tell you my reason in a bit.
4. And I also agree to make the ricochet into text and that it is easy.
5. I read your instructions carefully and this is the first time I'm putting in a script in hero lab. I went to the but in marked Eval Scripts and put in Phase Pre-Level - Priority 15000. Then I copy and paste the script in the area marked script
6. Then I saved that went well. But the next step when I tried to test it a game in error and here it is.
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Thing 'iStarShed' - Condition phase/priority (First/10000) for bootstrap thing 'ctImpShiBa' occurs after earliest rule/script (First/5000)

We at the home stretch homes and I'm getting a grasp of what you sending thanks a lot man.
Sir.Nel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 3rd, 2015, 03:24 PM
Your error is from the Bootstrap Condition on the feat.

To check if something is equipped the condition should be:

First/500

fieldval:gIsEquip <> 0
AndrewD2 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sir.Nel

Old July 3rd, 2015, 05:21 PM
I been working on this for couple of hours little frustrated. I'm following all your instructions but I come up with different errors. I even gone to the point of redoing the whole star shield over again. Now I get a different error.

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Thing 'iStarShed' - Condition phase/priority (First/500) for bootstrap thing 'shHvSteel' occurs after earliest rule/script (First/100)
Sir.Nel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 3rd, 2015, 05:25 PM
I believe the equip bootstrap belongs on the feat, not on the shield. I don't htink you can put one on the shield.
AndrewD2 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sir.Nel

Old July 3rd, 2015, 05:26 PM
On your last post you said

"To check if something is equipped the condition should be:

First/500

fieldval:gIsEquip <> 0
"

I'm a little confused do you want me to copy and paste this "fieldval:gIsEquip <> 0" or "gIsEquip <> 0"
Sir.Nel is offline   #10 Reply With Quote