Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

zarlor

Old March 12th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Sorry to bring this one so quick on the heals of the v2.0 update but I ran into several things that I think were somewhat major that needed fixing and a bit of functionality that I wanted to add.

Fixed in v2.5
Added portfolios for encounters for the Red Harvest Campaign (under your portfolios directory in the DLNoir directory)
Added .45 rifle ammo
Fixed weapon separators and other gear that was accidently hidden
Added Confusion as a valid Voodoo power
Fixed Ammunition weights
Fixed AB (Miracles) Edges to include Voodoists

For v 3.0 I'm thinking of adding in portfolios for the rest of the Plot Point encounters in the main Noir book. Mostly because I'd like to prepare it for Realm Works integration eventually and Noir seems like a good one to test for that. It really increases the size of the file (although in part that's because I also included some pictures from the book, where appropriate) but I am curious if anyone uses Hero Lob for handling encounters like that (it's using the View -> Tactical Console or Ctrl-T if you prefer keyboard shortcuts). If anyone does do any testing with that please let me know how it goes and if there is anything that should be fixed or modified to make it better.

EDIT:
Fixed in 2.6
Fixed references to abilities that were from the Companions add-on.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; March 12th, 2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Added v2.6 fixes
zarlor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TheGM

Old March 12th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Hi,
I get the following errors:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'creDNGhoul' - Bootstrap thing 'abNightVis' does not exist
Thing 'creDNHaCar' - Bootstrap thing 'abControl' does not exist
Thing 'creDNHaCar' - Bootstrap thing 'abCarArmor' does not exist
Thing 'creDNHellH' - Bootstrap thing 'abTerrWnds' does not exist
Thing 'creDNShamb' - Bootstrap thing 'abResNWeap' does not exist
Thing 'creDNTommy' - Bootstrap thing 'abNightVis' does not exist
Thing 'creDNZombi' - Bootstrap thing 'abMindless' does not exist
TheGM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old March 12th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Same error here I am afraid.

Krimson is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old March 12th, 2013, 11:16 AM
I think it has to do with not having the fantasy, Horror, or Supers companions. It works for me but I have all the packages. It's hard to figure out when you do data files what Items come with those data files. So when we make a data file some times we bootstrap things to other thing in the program instead of making a copy of said item so when people don't have those extra data files things get screw up - I guess when we make data files to give to the community we are going to have to make copies of everything we use, damn that sucks. lol
jbearwillis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 12th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I believe that is exactly the problem. I need to create those abilities instead of relying on them because those apparently are in the Companions. I'll get it done by this afternoon.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old March 12th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I haven't had a reason to buy any of those as a SW dataset or as physical books/PDF as my interest in SW lay more in the Pulp and Sci Fi genres.
Krimson is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 12th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Which is perfectly fine, but since I have the things it's not easy for me to tell if something is from those (and so I shouldn't use them in a data file) or not. Maybe I need to make a list or something. Bleh.

As long as folks let me know the errors, though, it's easy enough to fix, so I should have these ready within the next hour.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 12th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Should be fixed now. Let me know if you run into any other issues and I'll be happy to get those fixed right up!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Krimson

Old March 12th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Which is perfectly fine, but since I have the things it's not easy for me to tell if something is from those (and so I shouldn't use them in a data file) or not. Maybe I need to make a list or something. Bleh.
Isn't that why there are people like TheGM and me to report the bugs? Seems to be working now. Thanks!
Krimson is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 13th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
Isn't that why there are people like TheGM and me to report the bugs? Seems to be working now. Thanks!
And I do appreciate that. These are, after all, just fan-made files that LWD has approved for distribution through their update mechanism (because of prior agreement they have in place with Pinnacle/GWG). So, yeah, it's awesome, from my perspective to have some outside help letting me know where I can fix these things up better. So thank YOU!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote