Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

atlarman

Send a message via MSN to atlarman Send a message via Yahoo to atlarman

Old September 6th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Nigel-

Ok there has been so much back and forth on this that now im cofused lol. WOULD ya mind giving my character the once over paying particular attn to the "dragon's breath" power? - thats the flamethrower-like effect.

while there also please look over the incendiary round build (explosive ammo) Thanks i Apreciate it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dragon Master Latest Version.zip (290.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by atlarman; September 18th, 2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: REMOVED old File /added current
atlarman is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 6th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
So it makes sense to me to have the printout display the "full" extent of the power just in case the player decides to turn "off" the PF: Decreased Area Extra when his character uses it. Now is that what Colen & the gang were thinking when they wrote the software? I dunno.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
^_^ Try this. They're separate extras so that you don't run into errors when sharing heroes. If you want them to replace the regular Area options, just move the text from the Author Comments into the Replaces Thing Id field. It allows Decreased Area beyond the number of ranks, but otherwise, it's pretty serviceable.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Progression Area.zip (1.5 KB, 2 views)
Duggan is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
JDRook

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlarman View Post
Nigel-

Ok there has been so much back and forth on this that now im cofused lol. WOULD ya mind giving my character the once over paying particular attn to the "dragon's breath" power? - thats the flamethrower-like effect.

while there also please look over the incidiary round build (explosive ammo) Thanks i Apreciate it.
@atlarman - I took a look at the PDF of your powers and here's my two cents:

- you currently have Dragon's Breath as Damage 6: Fire, DC 21; Cone Area (60 ft. cone - General); Extended Reach 2 (10 ft.); Lethal, Full Power (Standard (Active) - Touch, 10ft. - Instant). In use this means that a 60' cone of lethal full power fire could be launched from the power gauntlet or from up to 10' from it, and I gather this isn't your intention. Power Feat: Decrease Area is an option, but it sounds like you don't want the flame to be able to extend beyond 10' ever, and since everything else about the power is fixed (can't be non-lethal, can't use less than full power) it makes more sense to me that the 10' limit simply be a Custom Drawback (Only 10' cone) valued at 1-3 points, depending on your GM.

- your Incendiary Round is written as Blast 5: Ballistic, DC 20; Explosion Area (50 ft. explosion - Targeted); Progression, Decr. Area Extra 3 (-3 ranks); Lethal, Full Power (Standard (Active) - Ranged, 50ft. - Instant). This is a little trickier to follow, but presumably it's similar to the Dragon's Breath, in that it's a fixed Area Effect that is much smaller than the default size for that rank. I'd recommend the same solution as for the Breath above and use a Custom Drawback (Only 20' radius Explosion) or whatever size you were aiming for, again at 1-3 points depending on your GM.

In both cases you want the powers to be not quite as flexible as standard powers, so in my opinion you deserve a few points back for that, which is why I think the Custom Drawback is a better choice than the Progression: Decrease Area Feat. On the other hand, I think a full Flaw is too much, considering you're still getting a lot of damage and pretty good coverage out of the powers.

So my interpretation on those two powers would be:

Dragon's Breath (Damage 6) (fire, DC 21; Cone Area (60 ft. cone - General); Lethal, Full Power, Custom (Only 10' cone)) - 9pp
Incendiary Round (Blast 5) (ballistic, DC 20; Explosion Area (50 ft. explosion - Targeted); Lethal, Full Power, Custom (Only 10' radius explosion)) - 12pp

which should do everything you want for a little cheaper points-wise. Then again, looking at the rest of your sheet, the points look pretty "freeform", so that may not be an issue for you.
JDRook is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old September 7th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRook View Post
@atlarman - I took a look at the PDF of your powers and here's my two cents:

...So my interpretation on those two powers would be:

Dragon's Breath (Damage 6) (fire, DC 21; Cone Area (60 ft. cone - General); Lethal, Full Power, Custom (Only 10' cone)) - 9pp
Incendiary Round (Blast 5) (ballistic, DC 20; Explosion Area (50 ft. explosion - Targeted); Lethal, Full Power, Custom (Only 10' radius explosion)) - 12pp

which should do everything you want for a little cheaper points-wise. Then again, looking at the rest of your sheet, the points look pretty "freeform", so that may not be an issue for you.
Well said JDRook. I completely agree with both your analysis and your recommendation.

Atlarman, a most interesting character. The GM for the two campaigns I'm currently in wouldn't allow Dragonmaster into either one...lol...and yes, you should take that as a compliment.

Oh, and having noticed the "Player Name" I'm a bit surprised to see you are still alive...can I have your autograph?

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old September 7th, 2010, 08:24 AM
What, no comment on the rules file?
Duggan is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old September 7th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
What, no comment on the rules file?
Haven't looked at it yet. Perhaps once I've finished eating my pizza.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Old September 9th, 2010, 02:29 PM
TO JD Rook;

First thing I'd like to say is thank you for taking a look at the power builds and taking the time to break them down in such detail....It realy helped to be able to bounce it off someone- this fourum, its members,LWD and HERO LAB ARE AWESOME! Dont
get me wrong I enjoy gaming w/my current (and 20+ year)GM ,but , when it comes to technical help.... not much luck there lol( if anything I spend most of my time HELPING HIM w/ his builds(i also GM 4 his pcs) AS for your advice.... I used your take for "Dragons Breath" However after researching modern incindiary rounds my gm in his infinate wisdom decided that theres no need to reduce the explosion area( so thats a whopping 50' area explosion from a wrist fired round....oooook thats the last time i try to self censor or balance my characters lol id have been happy at a 20' area but who am i to argue lol

Last edited by atlarman; September 12th, 2010 at 04:03 AM.
atlarman is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Old September 9th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Well said JDRook. I completely agree with both your analysis and your recommendation.

Atlarman, a most interesting character. The GM for the two campaigns I'm currently in wouldn't allow Dragonmaster into either one...lol...and yes, you should take that as a compliment.

Oh, and having noticed the "Player Name" I'm a bit surprised to see you are still alive...can I have your autograph?

First off Nigal thanks for the complement.... too many people GMs in particular simply dismiss the character out of hand after seeing the pp total. I can understand this IF the charater was to be played in a pc group but 90% of the time he is in a solo 1 on 1 game.

As for the freebie devices....my gm and i agreed that this was the only way to give him his "wonderful toys" and still maintain campaign level 10 (why hes stuck on pl 10... im not sure but eh hes the GM lol)
atlarman is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Old September 9th, 2010, 02:51 PM
also @ nigel:

btw for the record it was my GMs desire to kill the pp limit- when he simply could not seem to build his martial artist to his liking with 150 pp so we decided to ignore point total while upholding pl limits.
Anyway im glad you find DM intesting...personally i cant wait to import him to DCA since the character paralels Batman in concept and tone

Lastly, about my autograph," sure you're most welcome to it...not sure how good it would be though....btw if youre shocked to see me alive .....imagine my shock a few years ago - waking up to news reports that "I" had died...lol

Last edited by atlarman; September 10th, 2010 at 10:11 PM.
atlarman is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Old September 10th, 2010, 12:36 PM
[COLOR="Purple"]One last thing, I'm most curious to Know if my characters powers are coming across correctly off of the page....it Should br evedent that the gauntlets are invented (yes i did select that- I have no clue why that isnt being printed out in its block lol) Technology, essentially powered armor that is able to launch many types of ammo ( reflected as its various ALT PWRs....This is supposed to be an "array" of ammo. except for "electrical control" which of course is an actual current discharge able to dazzle and confuse targets @ range as well as animate simple machines... and a touch range stun. Its my hope that all this is apparent from the sheet. I welcome helpful thoughts and suggestions . thanks { color}
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dragon Master Latest Version.zip (290.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by atlarman; September 18th, 2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: now contains latest PDF
atlarman is offline   #20 Reply With Quote