Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

KiMonarrez

Old March 11th, 2008, 12:02 PM
For some reason, when I add a commissar to a command squad, it adds a line above the command squad, and appears to then count the commissar twice.

Further, while using doctrines (have no idea if this is causing it), but I've tried to add a commissar to a heavy weapons platoon command squad (exaclty like it says in the codex that I'm allowed to do) and it gives an error message.
KiMonarrez is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
It's only renaming the squad "Commissar" - not adding a model. I'll bet they intended to have it add Commissar to the squad's name, not replace it, since the same thing happens with priests and psykers.

The only doctrine mentioning commissars is the independant commissars doctrine - that turns commissars into an elite choice of independant characters - they're no longer attached to squads.

Is the error you're getting "No Commissar in the infantry platoon"? and "Too many commissars/commissars not allowed"? - those refer to the rule that you must have a commissar in your command HQ, and all infantry platoon command squads before you can attach commissars to your heavy weapon squads.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
KiMonarrez

Old March 11th, 2008, 05:10 PM
As I'm chosing to NOT use the independent commissar doctrine, then it should be falling back on having the commissar as a regular advisor. I have 3 already (1 in the command platoon command squad and 1 in each of the 2 infantry platoon command squads). I'm then trying to add a commissar to the command squad for the heavy weapon platoon (which happens to be one of the doctrines I chose).

When I try to do this per the advisors rule on page 40, I get 2 error messages with the attempt. The first is that I'm not allowed to have a commissar in anything other than the command platoon command squad, infantry platoon command squad, infantry squads, armored fist squads or stormtroopers. The second is a rather short message saying that I have a commissar attached to a squad that isn't allowed to have one.

This needs to be fixed as it's quite clear that I can attach commissars to "Platoon HQ squads", which a heavy weapon platoon happens to be one. It's clearly an oversight to not include this 3rd type of platoon HQ among the allowed units.

The other errors (where It appears to be adding commissars twice) might all stem from this. When I tried to validate that particular list I had about 5 yellow warnings saying I had too many commissars. So clearly there's a bug.
KiMonarrez is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 11th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I'd report it at www.ab40k.org, which is where the file maintainers for the 40k files coordinate their work.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote