Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old January 26th, 2017, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
I'm needing the Lord of Tides PrCl from Sandstorm, but noticed that it is absent. Is there a reason, I'm not aware of? Some suggestion on how to emulate it until it is released?
No particular reason. There was a user a few years ago who had volunteered to finish off all of the PrC's from that, Stormwrack and Frostburn. Unfortunately, he had some real life issues pop up and was never able to complete the task. I will add it to the list of things to add for the next release. Not sure what you mean by emulating it, though. You can make a basic version of it for yourself if you're so inclined.
Sendric is offline   #661 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old January 28th, 2017, 05:46 AM
I usually find out that using another class and some tweaks with the main program are easier and faster than creating the class with the editor. That's what I call emulating the class.

About some other things to add in the next release: I found some problems yet with the known spells of the Shugenja. The Main-Element known spells are missing. The list of Shugenja spells is also incomplete, at least about oriental Adventures' material. The Ur Priest is also missing.
Monteparnas is offline   #662 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 28th, 2017, 11:12 AM
Quote:
I usually find out that using another class and some tweaks with the main program are easier and faster than creating the class with the editor. That's what I call emulating the class.

About some other things to add in the next release: I found some problems yet with the known spells of the Shugenja. The Main-Element known spells are missing. The list of Shugenja spells is also incomplete, at least about oriental Adventures' material. The Ur Priest is also missing.
Hmm..ok, thanks. I'll look into the spell list problem. There have been a lot of changes around spells that could be affecting this.

I'll add the Ur-Priest to the to-do list.
Sendric is offline   #663 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old January 28th, 2017, 02:55 PM
I did Ur Priest, I'll send it to you sendric
ErinRigh is offline   #664 Reply With Quote
Dark_Soul

Old January 29th, 2017, 06:47 AM
I'd like a copy of that Ur-Priest file, too. I'd like to see what you did differently that might take care of a few issues with the one I just put together.
Dark_Soul is offline   #665 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old January 29th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Sent you a pm Dark Soul
ErinRigh is offline   #666 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old January 30th, 2017, 08:49 AM
Oriental Adventures already shows up the Human, Crab Clan as a race, but the other clans are missing. They do show up as requisites for Feats and Classes, though, so it causes some frequent message errors.

Either way, I really should congratulate this community! This is an amazing work, on scope and skill. You made me want to buy Hero Lab, and I'm happy with the decision!
Monteparnas is offline   #667 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 30th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Oriental Adventures already shows up the Human, Crab Clan as a race, but the other clans are missing. They do show up as requisites for Feats and Classes, though, so it causes some frequent message errors.

Either way, I really should congratulate this community! This is an amazing work, on scope and skill. You made me want to buy Hero Lab, and I'm happy with the decision!
Yea, that's being worked on. There's some overlap with another file. Hopefully with the next release, any issues like this will be gone.

Glad we could inspire you, though!
Sendric is offline   #668 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old January 31st, 2017, 04:32 PM
Quote:

Clan status should be a Trait called Noble Clan. Select the clan to show which clan you are in. Some feats (and a number of prestige classes) are only available to certain Clans.

Or you could use the Samurai variant. You select your clan as part of the new class features.

Other than that, what Sendric said. Rokugan Campaign Setting is being worked on and there is overlap between the two books. The sampler for Rokugan was in the last update but I'm still working on it.
Illyahr is offline   #669 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 2nd, 2017, 11:52 AM
I don't know how to access Variant Classes (never got to try as I wanted on the Gestalt rules through HL), and am using a homemade "Rokugani Samurai" through which I build the OA version.

Either way, the Clans do work better as Races for a reason. On Rokugan as a setting they mostly work that way. Traits based on Humanoid sub-types, like Favored Enemy, choose by Clan instead of only "Human", given that the setting works a lot more on Humans with intense focus on distinctions of Clans. Also, each clan effectively swaps the "Any Favored Class" racial trait for a specific Class and a distinct "Always Class" Skill.

Since I'm here, there is some problems with the Maho-Tsukai class (this is a hard one on the way it retroactively changes spellcasting), the Akutenshi Template (a lot of abilities aren't showing, yet, nor the CR modifier), and the Akutsukai Template (instead of being able to select the customized abilities, three of them are preset). Also, the Akutsukai and Akutenshi are both doubled, and the first selection of each don't work at all.

Hope those reports are useful. I can perfectly well deal with this stuff for my games on my own, and wait for updates, but if I can through finding problems, I do want to.
Monteparnas is offline   #670 Reply With Quote