Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

joepacelli

Old February 13th, 2017, 04:03 PM
If I purchase Realms Work can I use it on my home PC and also on my laptop?
I mainly work on my PC while at home, but when I game I use my laptop since we can either game at my place or at another players home.

Also, It's been 7 years since I've gotten a new PC and I'm looking to build a new PC. So if I install Realms Work on this PC and then in the next month after I build a new PC can I install it onto my new PC?

Thanks
Joe
joepacelli is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 13th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Yes this will all work.

I work on my PC but run games on the laptop. I have changed laptop and PCs a few times this year and it works perfectly. The restriction is you can only log in on one machine at a time. The login will associate itself to the windows login so you can only use one Realm Works login per Windows login.

You will need the cloud to migrate your data from the PC to the laptop (which we don't currently pay for as subscriptions are on hold until the launch of the content market) just consider the ongoing cost once the time does start ticking again. You make the changes on one machine. Sync the changes up to the cloud. Log off and move to the other machine. Log on and sync the changes down from the cloud. Repeat this process whenever you change machines.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; February 13th, 2017 at 04:10 PM.
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old February 13th, 2017, 04:38 PM
How well is the syncing?
Have you run into problems? or was everything smooth less.
joepacelli is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 13th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Everything is smooth as long as you actually do the syncing. Forgetting to sync led me to issues a few times but there are warning messages implemented now to stop that occurring.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 13th, 2017, 05:19 PM
I've been doing this on a couple of different desktops and laptops for 2 years now. It works smoothly as long as you always sync when you finish editing or finish a session. I got into a real mess once when I didn't.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old February 13th, 2017, 08:04 PM
I run RW on 3 machines... my main desktop, my laptop and my 'one release back machine. I only sync the third one right before doing an update on the other two. Never had an issue.
Grey Mage is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old February 16th, 2017, 08:30 AM
I think I have it on three machines right now. Only one can be active at a time of course. As everybody else has mentioned, always sync after you finish doing anything and then do a sync when you open up RW on a different machine.
Gord is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ackron

Old February 16th, 2017, 08:53 AM
I too use it on three different machines. My main desktop where I run my online games from, my laptop where I build things around the house and where I run home games from, and also on my Surface where I can build things when inspiration strikes me on the go. Just sync when you're done with any of them and everything works wonderfully.
Ackron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 16th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackron View Post
also on my Surface where I can build things when inspiration strikes me on the go. Just sync when you're done with any of them and everything works wonderfully.
How does RW run on your Surface? I've been looking for a windows tablet for a while and the high price of the Surface has put me off till I see one in use and everyone I know has iPads.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old February 16th, 2017, 10:14 AM
I actually use it on a little 10" Asus mini-transformer tablet. It works well for me and what I use it for, but none of my realms so far are very large so YMMV.

It likely also helps that I don't have a ton of other software loaded on it.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #10 Reply With Quote