Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

AndrewD2

Old April 19th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Alright, so I'm working on some feats that I can currently divide into 2 groups for this question.

Part 1 - The easy one

I'm working on a feat that gives extra bonuses based on what a flying creatures maneuverability is, but I can't figure out how to target maneuverability in the if statement.

Part II - the not so easy ones

I'm also inputting a set of 3 feats that do something different based on the domains you have. I had a couple different ideas, but I haven't tried either yet, because both will require a lot of typing.

Idea #1 - If elseif statements. Basically doing eval scripts for each one that will have a bunch of if/elseif statements to get all the info in. I'm sure this would work, but it just doesn't seem like the best way.

Idea #2 - Ability bootstrapping. This idea is to great an individual ability that matches for each domain and then bootstrap them to the feat with conditions that check for what domains they have. Personally I think this will likely be the easiest one, but I'm not sure it's feasible.

And finally a question about design philosophy. When creating a new race, if it has spell-like abilities similar to that of a gnome (where in the rules they're under the ability Gnome Magic) should you create the main ability and then bootstrap the SLAs to that and then bootstrap the main ability to the race, or do each one individually to the race?

Thanks,
Andrew
AndrewD2 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 21st, 2012, 06:18 AM
Ok, I figured out the maneuverability part, for anyone interested here's the code I used.

Code:
if (hero.child[xFly].tagis[Maneuver.Good] <> 0) then
   perform hero.child[xFly].assign[Maneuver.Perfect]
elseif (hero.child[xFly].tagis[Maneuver.Average] <> 0) then
   perform hero.child[xFly].assign[Maneuver.Good]
elseif (hero.child[xFly].tagis[Maneuver.Poor] <> 0) then
   perform hero.child[xFly].assign[Maneuver.Average]
elseif (hero.child[xFly].tagis[Maneuver.Clumsy] <> 0) then
   perform hero.child[xFly].assign[Maneuver.Poor]
endif
Still not sure on the rest.

Andrew
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 21st, 2012, 09:03 AM
Andrew, just a pointer. With what you have above, you will have both maneuverability classes assigned to a creature, when you obviously only want the better of the two. Delete the tag identified maneuverability class also. So the first if statement will have perform hero.child[xFly].delete[Maneuver.Good], and so forth for the other if statements.
Kendall-DM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 21st, 2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Andrew, just a pointer. With what you have above, you will have both maneuverability classes assigned to a creature, when you obviously only want the better of the two. Delete the tag identified maneuverability class also. So the first if statement will have perform hero.child[xFly].delete[Maneuver.Good], and so forth for the other if statements.
He doesn't really have to actually. The "xFly" thing is coded in a way so that it only takes the "Best" flight maneuverability.

So if one Thing assigns "Average" and different Thing assigns "Perfect" then xFly calculates the Fly Skill based on "Perfect" then.

Just an FYI...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 21st, 2012, 10:09 AM
If it'll be better, its not that big of a deal to add the delete statements in.
AndrewD2 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 21st, 2012, 10:25 PM
Wasn't aware of that, go figure. I've been deleting them.
Kendall-DM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 27th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Anyone on Question 2 at the beginning? I'm still working on that one.
AndrewD2 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 27th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I'm sorry, what is question 2? Both of your proposed methods seem reasonable to me. Are you having trouble getting them to work? If so, please give some more details.

As for design philosophy, I think we generally bootstrap the racial SLAs directly to the race rather than through an intermediary.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
poizen37

Old December 17th, 2012, 08:37 PM
AndewD2, I just wanted to point out I was working on the very same thing. I wracked my brain for a good long while. Finally I checked here to discover you'd solved that same question months ago.

Thank you!
poizen37 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote