Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

corhen

Old January 25th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Hello all. I recently bought both the Mutants and Masterminds, as well as the Ultimate power expansion.

Im trying to add a new meta-Morph to my clockwork robot C.H.E.S.T.E.R called S.H.E.R.L.O.C.K.

One of the things i want it to be able to do is the "instant read" that sherlock performs in the new tv series.

I figured the best way to do this would be to add 2 ranks of Rapid to his normal vision, allowing him to take 20 in one round. However, i cant figure out how to do this in Hero Lab.

Would the best way of achiving this be simply to create a new custom feat? or am i missing out on a part of Hero Lab?

Thanks for the help!

Corhen
corhen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 27th, 2012, 03:19 PM
The easiest way to do it is to add the Super-Senses power, and then add the Rapid option, increment it to two ranks, and then indicate in the box beside it that it applies to Normal vision. If you want to add it explicitly as a feat rather than as a power, you would either have to add it to the editor or add the Custom feat and type in the appropriate text.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EdtheDM

Old January 28th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Could you just take ranks of Quickness to simulate the swift mental processes it sounds like you are describing?
EdtheDM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 28th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Rapid is Quickness which is limited to the particular sense for a -2 Flaw, giving you a x10 increase with each rank.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
corhen

Old January 28th, 2012, 07:51 PM
great, it said it had posted this thread, but it didnt show up on the list, i forgot about it.

I realized that i had to manually enable the additional sources to a premade character before i could access the UP rules, doing this allowed me to put the rapid modifier on a super-sense. Problem solved!
corhen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote