Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

markelphoenix

Old September 6th, 2019, 05:18 PM
When can we expect to see Shadowrun for HLO?
markelphoenix is offline   #1
AJC

Old September 6th, 2019, 05:42 PM
I believe they have stated it won’t likely until early next year.
AJC is offline   #2
markelphoenix

Old September 6th, 2019, 06:40 PM
That's disappointing...do they have a history of betas for testing? Right now, on the Shadowrun forums, they have some pretty legit Excel Spreadsheets for character generation...feel like if a single person could do an Excel spreadsheet in first week of rule books release that calculated stats and qualities, that a team who specializes in chargen tools would be able to, I don't know, pop out a MVP relatively quick.
markelphoenix is offline   #3
Alewis

Old September 8th, 2019, 03:00 PM
I have used HLO for both Pathfinder and Starfinder and its been very disappointing. Shadowrun is a far more complicated system with many more options. As it is, it takes twice as long to make a Pathfinder character online vs classic and the Shadowrun system is only going to compound this problem.

Edit: I forgot to make my point, which is, don't wait for HLO to release SR 6th, find another option.
Alewis is offline   #4
markelphoenix

Old September 9th, 2019, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alewis View Post
I have used HLO for both Pathfinder and Starfinder and its been very disappointing. Shadowrun is a far more complicated system with many more options. As it is, it takes twice as long to make a Pathfinder character online vs classic and the Shadowrun system is only going to compound this problem.

Edit: I forgot to make my point, which is, don't wait for HLO to release SR 6th, find another option.
Hmm, community has been passing around an Excel that calculates all the crunchy bits. I could flesh it out with some Macros to make it auto-populate gear on the main sheet print out...

If Lone Wolf doesn't get it's .... drek together, an alternative, probably free, will take it's place from the community. Which is no skin off our hoop, but sad to see a developer who was once known for making an excellent tool that made getting in the game an easier/better experience falter in such a way.
markelphoenix is offline   #5
AJC

Old September 10th, 2019, 05:50 PM
Correction: I believe that LW responded to a pos5 on FB suggesting that the time frame for release in Oct/Nov
AJC is offline   #6
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 11th, 2019, 05:05 AM
Hi folks! Yes, we expect Shadowrun 6 to be out around October / November. Thanks!
Lj Stephens is offline   #7
Enin

Old November 11th, 2019, 01:29 PM
It's been a couple months since this reply and there hasn't been any updates on a newsletter. Can we still count on SR6 coming to HLO this month?
Enin is offline   #8
Farling

Old November 11th, 2019, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enin View Post
It's been a couple months since this reply and there hasn't been any updates on a newsletter. Can we still count on SR6 coming to HLO this month?
The last LWD message in this thread was from before all the layoffs occurred, so maybe it is delayed.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #9
dacoobob

Old November 12th, 2019, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
Hi folks! Yes, we expect Shadowrun 6 to be out around October / November. Thanks!
Yet another new game system to support, but still no Campaign Theater? No starship tools for SF? No player-to-player interaction? Really??
dacoobob is offline   #10
Closed Thread