Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Xorial

Old March 12th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I was wondering if Lone Wolf has ever considered having a multipack license. Maybe a 4 or 6 pack. Some of my players can't afford HeroLab & I would really like to implement them all using this at the game table.
Xorial is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 12th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Is this any different than the current method of purchasing additional licenses? Wolf Lair already knows that many gaming groups buy the product with the intent of sharing it amongst themselves, occasionally discussing as much while in line right in front of the booth. ^_^ From what I've read of their anecdotes, they occasionally get frustrated customers contacting customer service who've come to realize that such a scheme won't work and then have to buy additional licenses. Or are you just suggesting that they allow more than 1 additional license from the first two?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 12th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorial View Post
I was wondering if Lone Wolf has ever considered having a multipack license. Maybe a 4 or 6 pack. Some of my players can't afford HeroLab & I would really like to implement them all using this at the game table.
I think you're suggesting that we offer a way to buy multiple copies of the product for different users at a group distinct. That way, everyone can use the software for homogeneity in the group and the overall cost is reduced. Is that a correct interpretation?

If so, this has been requested a couple of times over the years, but it hasn't been requested enough to make the priority cut thus far (on our miles-long todo list). It would take some work to revise our system to offer an option like this, but it's definitely something we could do. If there are lots of you out there that like this idea, chime in here so we know there's enough interest to boost the priority on this.

Also, the question becomes what an appropriate size should be for the party pack. Four copies? Six copies? Something else? If you like this idea, let us know, and please include a suggestion for what you think would be a good size - including why you think that size would be best.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 12th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Well, a fairly typical gaming group is 4 players and a DM (although mine often balloon up to a max of 8)

I'd say 5 copies would be a good place to start, adding additional copies for a fixed reduced price. Since herolab is currently 30$ with additional licenses 10$, maybe something like this?

5 copies = 120$ (A savings of 30 dollars)
each additional copy 20$ (33% off)

Seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RayPrancer

Old March 12th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I'd want a discount if buying 4+ of the same license (including Licenses for Card Vault or Army Builder), but it's not really an issue for me as my group only contains 2 other people, and I have all the licenses I need for myself. The biggest groups I know of have 10 members (because the rules for HackMaster 4th Edition actually said you had to let in that many including the GM). 5 including GM and 7 including GM are by far the most common, but other amounts are viable.

If it was me I'd like to get at least $5 off every copy after the third or 15% off the total.
RayPrancer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Xorial

Old March 19th, 2010, 04:59 AM
I was referring to a group licensing scheme. Basically an option to use one license with say 5 copies. Just about any kind of savings would be greatly appreciated, but I think about 10-20% is about right.
Xorial is offline   #6 Reply With Quote