Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Jay_NOLA

Old April 3rd, 2019, 02:46 PM
When the site got updated you can no longer download the data files, etc. that you could on the old Hero Lab downloads page.

I just upadted my Hero Lab to the newest version and went to check the downloads page for extra Savage Worlds downloads and noticed this.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old April 3rd, 2019, 05:25 PM
I emailed support yesterday and was assured that the new site's downloads page was being worked on and they hoped to have it back in the next week.

The downloads panel within Hero Lab still works fine, as far as I can tell.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zanathor

Old May 19th, 2019, 07:22 PM
Any updates on the availability of the downloads page? For the last year or so I have been unable to download the Pathfinder Role-Playing Game update using the updater in the software. Ever since the file has gotten over ~175MB it always errors out on me saying "Error downloading file from remote web-server. This is probably due to a problem with the web-server. Please try again in a little while." It always errors out after making it to about 2/3's of the way through the download process. I have tried this also on two of my laptops and I get the exact same error and I have tried it on my friends network as well with the same issues. So to get around this I was always going to the download page and downloading the file manually and then importing it into HeroLab manually. With the downloads page inaccessible since the website was updated I have been unable to update my software for the the last 2 updates and recent purchases are completely useless to me. I don't have any problems downloading other updates that are smaller file size such as the app itself or community updates.
zanathor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 20th, 2019, 04:07 PM
You can always check for new downloads by seeing what's available in our store. The Hero Lab Classic store never went anywhere, you can reach it via the Manage License page or from inside Hero Lab itself by going to the License menu and then selecting Purchase Data Package. The files themselves have to be updated from inside the software. If you're having trouble updating please email support@wolflair.com.
BJ is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old May 22nd, 2019, 07:45 PM
Ditto.

The workaround is from within HL.
You can open up the folder that it downloads files to.
Then choose to download a file.

That puts the most recent version of that file, named as the basic file.

I copy that, and stick it onto my dropbox.
And retain a lot of previous copies.
So I could revert to an older version for a game session, if something broke.
Or if I want to download something once, and just run it from each device.

I preferred the old download page.
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote