Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

deadboy

Old February 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Tag group 'entity' required for designating entities as units or items
I'm working on a new def file and before I made a slew of changes I was able to compile nicely. After the aforementioned slew I was no longer able to compile because of whatever is causing that error. Any tips where to look?
deadboy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old February 5th, 2011, 05:00 PM
simple...

1. open your *.def file.
2. select the tab "Group"
3. create a new tag with the id "entity"
4. inside that tag group create a new tag called "item" and one called "unit"
5. you're done

basically what (i belive) is going on is this....

ABCreator allows you in teh data file to make units / items / options.... however, each unit / item is designated as such with an "invisibale" tag that you do not see. This "invisible" tag is referanced at run-time so it knows how to handle the various "widgets" as either units or items
or....

you need this tag group in your def file for armybuilder to work, even if you never use it for anything.

i hope this helps you out.
gkgnight is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
deadboy

Old February 5th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Weird. It worked for a while. Then I started adding stuff and it popped up. THat totally allowed it to compile again. Thanks for the tip.
deadboy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
deadboy

Old February 5th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I imagine I'll have a lot of questions as the manual for creator doesn't come across to me as very intuitive to the neophyte.

First question. How/where do I specify compgroups and unit limits. I'm only working with one ruleset right now so just as sort of ironclad unit limits where do I need to be? The manual talks about setting the qualify tag but I haven't managed to find it yet.

Thanks in advance.

PS is there a forum specifically for datafile authors to ask questions? I hate to bug people that are just trying to use the AB program.
deadboy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old February 6th, 2011, 01:01 PM
if you're refering to ironclad as in kings of war ironclads, there's already a datafile for that ruleset..... as for the rest of you questions.... i'd need to kno what you're trying to do adn teh cotext of what's involved a bit more clearly.
gkgnight is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
deadboy

Old February 6th, 2011, 01:34 PM
No, I mean ironclad as in the figure of speech. I just mean that there won't (immediately) be any alt rulesets where the limits will be other than the default.

I am working on a datafile for malifaux and am trying to figure out how to set some units to be unique and others limit X. I am trying to use the datafile for warmachine as an example but it has the dual drawback of being a system I am unfamiliar with AND being more complicated than I can easily understand.

Last edited by deadboy; February 6th, 2011 at 01:37 PM.
deadboy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old February 6th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadboy View Post
No, I mean ironclad as in the figure of speech. I just mean that there won't (immediately) be any alt rulesets where the limits will be other than the default.

I am working on a datafile for malifaux and am trying to figure out how to set some units to be unique and others limit X. I am trying to use the datafile for warmachine as an example but it has the dual drawback of being a system I am unfamiliar with AND being more complicated than I can easily understand.
ok if you want a unique unit....

1. Open your main *.dat file wtih all your generic rules and whatnot
2. select the rule tab
3. create a new rule, name it what you will for this example: "DupUn" will work for an id
4. set it's scope to roster
5. Type in your error message in the box, adn a brief error msg in teh sumamry box
6. for the script area type in the following:

if (tagcount[unitid.?] = tagunique[unitid.?]) then
@valid = 1
endif

7. Open up your armys *.dat file now
8. select the unit tab
9. select a unit you want to be unique
10. in the box labeled "other details" near the top right.... click the edit button
11. select "is uniqueness" and check the box
12. also select "generate id tag?" and select the box

Now you will only have 1 of that unit in your army or you will get a validation error.
gkgnight is offline   #7 Reply With Quote